Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Mesnar
United States
Valencia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I know people have been waiting forever for this game to come out, I as one of them. I know CSI and other sites have been advertising this since before 2014. Do we have a solid release date for this yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

Is there such a thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay confirmed over here that it is still expected to be shipping the 24th.

Re: Play & Buy at SPIEL'14?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Dimant
Germany
Weil am Rhein
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question is then only, when will it be available in Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do we have a solid release date on this yet?

Sure! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot say for certain when it will be in Europe, but we have had several orders from our European distributors and will ship to them when we ship to all our customers. I expect it will be available there in November. Thanks

BTW - it is still on schedule to be available in the US on October 24th, 2014.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Mesnar
United States
Valencia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jay, thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alejandro velasquez
United States
Bryan
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
"lingered in the twilight of our sun and moon but loved best the stars..."
mbmbmbmbmb
it seems so close finally after such long wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked a few online gaming merchants for a solid release date and none are updated yet. That seems a bit strange two days out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rykaar wrote:
I checked a few online gaming merchants for a solid release date and none are updated yet. That seems a bit strange two days out.

Fracking in the Dakotas and a labor disputes in west coast ports have causes a lot of release dates to slide by several weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
october 31st at cardhaus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
wojtkielewicz67 wrote:
october 31st at cardhaus

I think that's a placeholder.

Several other titles were/are also slated for the same day:

King of New York -- we know this one is pushed into November
Machi Koro was 10/31 for a good chunk of this month as well and ended up releasing earlier.
etc, etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Carr
msg tools
mbmbmb
rsolow wrote:
Fracking in the Dakotas and a labor disputes in west coast ports have causes a lot of release dates to slide by several weeks.

I understand why labor disputes would show down a game delivery, but what's the deal with fracking? We've been fracking in the Dakotas for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quick Google search revealed the oil industry is tying up lots of rail services through the area. There's little oil pipeline infrastructure so they have to ship most of it out by rail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Daverman wrote:
There's little oil pipeline infrastructure so they have to ship most of it out by rail?

Correct. That's why there's been a discussion for the last 7 years of possibly building a pipeline, the Keystone pipeline, from Canada through this area to the US refineries. However, environmental concerns exist.

There's also the newer Bakken pipepline proposal, to build a shorter pipeline from the Dakotas to Illinois.

(My goal is simply to answer your factual question, not to ignite a political discussion here.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is there a revision to when we're likely to see the game as available on vendor shelves (FLGS or online)?

A group of us are looking to put in a CoolStuff order and I'd like to include RollftG if it won't hold the order up too long. They're good about removing items if need be, but I'd rather not go through that hassle (mine and CSI's) if I can avoid it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm not Jay. I don't have the latest details. However, everything I've been told is that Roll should be shipping to distributors (and then to stores) real soon now (if this isn't already occurring).

Wei-Hwa has submitted a designer preview for Roll. We've asked that it run this coming Monday (if Eric Martin has recovered enough from Essen to do so).

That's all the info I have. Make your own decisions (or wait for further info from Jay).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm waiting for the plasma release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
I'm waiting for the plasma release date.
There's a plasma cannon? Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Daverman wrote:
There's little oil pipeline infrastructure so they have to ship most of it out by rail?

Correct. That's why there's been a discussion for the last 7 years of possibly building a pipeline, the Keystone pipeline, from Canada through this area to the US refineries. However, environmental concerns exist.

There's also the newer Bakken pipepline proposal, to build a shorter pipeline from the Dakotas to Illinois.

(My goal is simply to answer your factual question, not to ignite a political discussion here.)

Any proposals for a game pipeline? whistle

(avoiding political discussion with lame jokes since 1990...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have just learned of delays in production and have been promised that the games will be shipped to our warehouse next (11/4/14) Tuesday or Wednesday. Thus, we expect them by Friday and will ship them immediately to our distributors. We apologize for this further delay. Thanks for you support.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Vichi
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When do you (vaguely and approximately) plan to make this available in other languages - say Italian or even French/German - ?

Just guessing if I'd better get my hands on the English release, or wait.

thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riogames wrote:
We have just learned of delays in production and have been promised that the games will be shipped to our warehouse next (11/4/14) Tuesday or Wednesday. Thus, we expect them by Friday and will ship them immediately to our distributors. We apologize for this further delay. Thanks for you support.

Jay

No...NO...NOOOOOOOO!!!!

ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't think just because we had a release date, that we actually had a street date did you? Because c'mon, we've all been fooled enough times by now that anything other than a picture of some average BGG'er (i.e., not a reviewer who has an advance copy) holding RollFTG in one hand and a current newspaper (yes you'll have to find one, but you could just borrow one for a quick photo) in the other will lead me to believe this game is actually out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts, 60 seconds ago: "Hey! Someone replied to the Roll for the Galaxy release date thread! I wonder if Jay or someone has some more concrete info! "

30 seconds ago: "Oh. More meta-discussion. You know, people shouldn't respond to a thread like that unless they have real info! "

10 seconds ago: "Wait. Now I'm part of the problem. shake"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.