Judge Dredd Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Why this game does not deserve more attention? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franjo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested now in sci-fi gang skirmish games. As Necromunda is OOP, I'm lookimg for a good looking, easy, quick but good enough game system and, if it is possible, with a nice background theme. Infinity seems a good option, but to me lacks a lot in the theme part.

It seems that Judge Dredd MG quite fulfills these premises. And now it is published by Warlord Games, a solid company (Bolt Action is very succesful, at least around here).

Why so little attention?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm ... hard to say.

I guess BGG is a primarily a boardgaming site so miniatures have a comparatively low level of visibility here. That notwithstanding, I heartily recommend JDMG to you as a fun miniatures skirmish game that really captures the feel of the world of Mega City One (and beyond).

You don’t need too many miniatures to get started and the boxed starter set with rules, introductory scenario, two forces and a couple of ‘bonus’ miniatures is a pretty reasonable way to ‘dip your toe’ to see if this is the system for you.

Good luck and see you on the streets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franjo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Murray for your comment.

After a lot of searching, I decided to buy two dozen gangers and troopers miniatures from em4 (cheap and nice) and a few from Brother Vinnie. Most of them are quite distopyan sci-fi generic miniatures, and I think they could blend quite well with the JDMG ranges. I've got also a copy of the Combat Zone rulebook. This system seems quite similar to the JDMG rules. I will check both and keep the one that best fits my expectations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.