Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin' Developin'
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
For those who are having trouble uploading images, can you tell me exactly what browser/OS you are using? I'm still unable to replicate the problem.

Incidentally, the upload button is grey for me too. That may be a poor design choice, but that is the way it works now. Also, ONce it gets to 100%, it takes another moment or two before the full image is processed and shows. For large images, it might take even longer--try waiting a few more moments after uploading, to see if that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel,

I'm using Mozilla Firefox version 34.0.5.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I've tried over and over again with a few different games I've been trying to sell. Same thing each time: I select an image and upload it. I watch the status bar progress from 0% to 100%. After it reaches 100% the status bar will disappear and no image ever shows on the upload screen. When I next go to my inventory screen to look at all my games for sale no images appear beneath the title(s) I just uploaded images to.

Okay, so I just used Google Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 m to successfully upload a picture to a game in my Marketplace.

Maybe it is a setting on my version of Firefox?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Fluffy James wrote:
I'm using Safari 7.1.2 with OS X 10.9.5

Everything worked fine a few weeks ago. I don't think I performed any upgrades.

You can select images, but there never appears an upload button.

Edit: and the same with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer (Parallels).

Weird! I'm still unable to reproduce this problem using the exact same Safari/OSX setup as you. Do you mind if I log into your account and try uploading a picture to one of your items, to see if it is somehow account-specific?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
The marketplace works through email only. You should not expect any geekmails.

1. We definitely use to get both an order (pending sale) notification and a sale confirmation (upon seller confirmation) through geekmail.

2. No email of any kind was sent to me, though I can see the sale is pending seller confirmation.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: The final confirmation is still sent via geekmail so its just the initial sale pending is MIA. Fortunately, I was in contact with the buyer otherwise I might not have noticed.

Edit 2: Notification of order finally received. Appears to be weird delay as order was initially placed around 7:45 am and I received the geekmail at 2:15pm. Received yahoo email at 11:46am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Pawlowski
Germany
Datteln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R3DSH1FT wrote:

2. No email of any kind was sent to me, though I can see the sale is pending seller confirmation.

Thanks for time.

Edit: The final confirmation is still sent via geekmail so its just the initial sale pending is MIA. Fortunately, I was in contact with the buyer otherwise I might not have noticed for weeks if at all.

Hi!

Guess I've the same problem to 'report'. I just discovered by coincidence that I have a pending sale waiting for confirmation...no Email received (which usually worked fine until now). Nothing in the Spam filter either.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best,

Mario

PS: Short update - email received now, although a day later than expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
The marketplace works through email only. You should not expect any geekmails.

These sure look like GeekMarket GeekMails to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Actually, we've now updated the marketplace to work via geekmail. However, the process that sends out marketplace geekmails crashed the other day, so there may have been delays, and possibly some lost messages. We are trying to track down the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request.

But i had an item lost in shipping. cry

So i had to refund the item price to a buyer as it was the only fair thing to do in this situation.

So since my sale is null and void i can't find anyway to mark the sale cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Murkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Issue:
After a sale, when entering shipping costs, the system has a problem differencing between a period and a comma when entering shipping costs, causing too high a number to be charged to the buyer.
(i.e. the system had me charge 3500 euros on shipping costs to a buyer)
Either enforce usage of a standard decimal mark or apply both.

(and since usage of the decimal mark is split worldwide, this is an issue)
see: [geekurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark[/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
murkland wrote:
Issue:
After a sale, when entering shipping costs, the system has a problem differencing between a period and a comma when entering shipping costs, causing too high a number to be charged to the buyer.

see: [geekurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark[/geekurl]

Yikes, I'll get that fixed right away!

Edit: OK, it should be fixed now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Murkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
murkland wrote:
Issue:

Yikes, I'll get that fixed right away!

Edit: OK, it should be fixed now.

That's quick. laugh
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Rocklinger
Sweden
Stockholm
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When checking "Price History" for a game there is no button back to the sale list of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am unable to upload Pics. Using Mac 10.7.5/Firefox 29.0.1.
First two pic will show uploaded, but no Pics. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Freezes on third pic upload.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone pointed out that 'Caribbean' is misspelled in the Ship To Locations section? I searched the forum but didn't see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Pawlowski
Germany
Datteln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't upload pics...
Hi!

Don't know if it's just me, but any help would be gladly appreciated.

Although yesterday everything worked properly, today I can't upload any pics connected to items in BGG marketplace.

Instead of the usual 'upload' button I can only see/use a 'search your computer' button, but when I select a pic and hit open nothing happens.

Using Firefox (newest version).

Hope anybody can help!

Thanks in advance,

Mario

Edit: OK, tried also with IE - same effect....

Edit: OK, works again properly. Whatever it was.... So please ignore this post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet Welch
United Kingdom
Morton in Marsh
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm having problems using an iPad, the links bar on the left of the screen is overlapping with the rest of the text.

I am trying to confirm an order but this button is under the news button meaning that when I press it I just go to the news page.

Edit: Problem half solved, turn iPad around problem occurs in portrait but not in landscape!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Chapman
Wales
Aberthin
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
Hello
I have a problem to solve... I have fulfilled 2 orders recently but because I failed to confirm the sale on the geek market in time (a problem when using Geek Market in GB). I want to edit the status from cancelled to sold but do not seem to be able to. There must be a way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. CruesliPants
msg tools
I might be repeating what a lot of other people have already mentioned but image upload does not currently work for Firefox (35.0.1 Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu canonical - 1.0) or Chromium (Version 37.0.2062.120 Ubuntu 12.04). While I'm able to select an image via the file dialog, no upload occurs after selection.

On contrast, the image upload works as expected for Google Chrome (Version 40.0.2214.111).

Thanks for your hard work on the new Geek Market website!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
Finland
Joensuu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or a "feature", but the Cart seems to timeout items after X minutes (X = somewhere between 10-60, didn't time it). I was going through my wishlist and adding all "properly" priced games to cart for easier comparison of prices and to do all of it at once.

Once I reached to the end of my list, I looked at the cart and everything before letter L are missing from the cart. Now after noticing it from screenshots, I went back and now everything before letter N are gone.

Is there supposed to be a timeout in the cart or is this a bug? i.e. I can't AP my way through sales, I have to do it with an (small) hourglass?

Would be nice if it is mentioned somewhere (at least where I would've seen it), now I need to go through the beginning alphabets of my list again. shake

-J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way to edit information like the tracking number for shipping once it is confirmed. This is a big problem if you put the wrong tracking information into an order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Shipping default bug? Carry over from old Marketplace?

I had an item purchased recently from items I've had in the Market for over a year.

And for some reason it defaulted shipping as $48... on a $10 sale item. I am not sure why this happened, but BGG generated the Sale Proposal for me and when I clicked on the link to verify Sale I had not noticed that error. Unfortunately I lost the sale, the person thinking I had intentionally jacked up the shipping.... Even after correcting it to no ship charge. My fault for not verifying everything... but I wonder why this happened when I never had that issue in the old system.

Was this something that is a carry over from old inventory being input into the new system?

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bonforte

McLean
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a minor error in providing feedback on a buyer. Once feedback is completed, it cannot be edited. There should be a grace period of say 2 hours to allow changes.

Also, it doesn't appear there's a way see which sales I've made still require feedback from buyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems you cannot upload images from a mobile device. I tried in Chrome and Dolphin from my droid MAXX phone and it would allow me to select the image but that is all that happened. No upload or confirmation or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bate
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Otto von Whackjob wrote:
For cancelled sales, I cannot provide feedback to the buyer. Is this a bug or a fix? Also, can the buyer provide feedback on a cancelled sale?

If the sale was canceled then why would you need to?

Possibly because one party messed the other party around which caused the cancellation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Schönbohm
Germany
Bad Nauheim
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my sales expired since I responded too slowly. After that the item was not listed anymore in the marketplace and could not be edited, so I had to copy the old entry to get back into the marketplace. Is that intetional?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.