Subject: Even newer GeekMarket bugs thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

so far I have never had any problems uploading Geekmarket-images - however this feature does not work for me anymore (I've tried Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera - no chance)

Has anyone got the same problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
21 22 44 19 6 12 59
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
Ah, this looks like our bug--the system isn't finding board game accessories in the instant search. I'll see what I can do about that tomorrow.
Just a ping that this is still not working (in my case, King of Tokyo: Space Penguin (promo character) is the item that it can't load up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Spoor
United States
Chevy Chase
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it very furstrating how items you have selected int he marketplace just drop out of your basket with no warning.

I selected a total of nine items from two sellers, went through the order process, and got confirmations... for six items. The other items are in their marketplaces still, clearly available to order--they just "timed out" of my besket. I'm placing new orders for them with the sellers and hoping they'll treat them as combined orders, but this is a pain in the ass!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Pawlowski
Germany
Datteln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem with uploading pics in marketplace
Hi,

don't know if it's (just) me, but at the moment I've got problems uploading pics to items in the marketplace.

- some won't show up
- some will show up, but 'without' a thumbnail displayed (just an 'empty frame')
- it feels like it takes forever for the pics to upload / display etc.

I didn't change anything with my configuration recently - still using firefox with Windows 7.

Any help would be gladly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Nealley

Ardmore
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Minor feedback bug.
When trying to leave feedback from Android phone the menu keeps pushing to a welcome page where I cannot go back to access the main menu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L G
Portugal
Coimbra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekMarket bug
Hi. One of my sales expired since I responded too slowly. After that the item was not listed anymore in the marketplace and could not be edited. The buyer has already paid, so I marked the item as "paid". How can I revert the "cancel" status?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Made one purchase via the marketplace but there's no record of it. The seller accepted a personal check, so it wasn't an electronic transaction, but I'd very much like to give them some positive feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Clicking on Browse or any other entry other than News here, does nothing at all ! Are any of my settings wrong on either the BGG profile Account or in / on my Browser ?

I have a Vista HP ( SP1 ) O/S and an IE8 browser.
[ NB: I cannot upgrade to IE9. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DEB8 wrote:
Hello,

Clicking on Browse or any other entry other than News here, does nothing at all ! Are any of my settings wrong on either the BGG profile Account or in / on my Browser ?

I have a Vista HP ( SP1 ) O/S and an IE8 browser.
[ NB: I cannot upgrade to IE9. )

Solved : I can access via Google Chrome Browser !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I left good feedback for my buyer. But it does not show, and I can't leave feedback again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Pavel
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I received negative feedback and the buyer would like to take it back (the game was lost in mail and once I sent paypal refund, feedback was already left). Is there any way how to do that? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Contact Octavian:

Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb

If anything can be done, he's the one that can do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
I have just sold an item.

I acknowledged the order and I confirmed the postal charge together with payment details. All worked perfectly up to then with the buyer being informed and a copy email sent to me.

BUT when I then confirmed despatch and sent a tracking number there was no indication that the buyer had been notified nor have I received the normal copy. So I have taken the precaution to send a separate email direct to the buyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When confirming an order, there is no indication that the shipping price field will only accept numbers. If you put words in the shipping price field and then click the confirm button, you get an error message that only numbers may be entered in the shipping price field. That would be OK, except that it then reloads the entire form blank, and does not remember anything you typed. The shipping cost, tax, and comment are all erased. I had written a long note in the comments explaining the shipping options, and all of that was lost and had to be recalculated and rewritten.

Two things that should be changed:

1) If a field only accepts numbers, say so on the form, or use scripting to prevent entering alpha characters.

2) If there is an error, retain the information entered when reloading the form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Eye
United States
flag msg tools
D6 dead ahead Captain!
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to temporarily "hide" one of my inventory items. But, now the item has completely disappeared and I cannot find a way to "unhide" it. Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel del Pozo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello,
I am trying to buy an item in the Geekmarket but the "postal" value is tagged as "invalid".
I live in the UK and my post code has the following format: E52ES. That's what I'm trying to introduce, what's the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BStringham wrote:
I decided to temporarily "hide" one of my inventory items. But, now the item has completely disappeared and I cannot find a way to "unhide" it. Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm missing something?

There are 4 blue rectangles that have drop downs. Look for the one that says "status". It probably shows "active" items only - change this to either Any or Hidden.

Not a bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Eye
United States
flag msg tools
D6 dead ahead Captain!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help. I swear I looked for something like that before, but couldn't find it. GG for you.

EDIT: And, for those following along at home: you may need to first choose the "Add Filter" button and select "Status" before you see that filter button.

SirWashington wrote:
BStringham wrote:

There are 4 blue rectangles that have drop downs. Look for the one that says "status". It probably shows "active" items only - change this to either Any or Hidden.

Not a bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
I have been trying to put things up for sale, but the site will not allow me to do so because they aren't in the database already. One of the items I can't post is SKYRIM and another is DISGEA (however I am somehow able to post Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment, items much less likely to sell), so it must be a pretty shitty database to begin with. In any case, my ability to post items for sale should not be based on whether they are in a database I don't have access to.

I also can't do any kind of title alternation to draw attention to special factors, such as included expansions, sleeving, enhancements, etc., which makes my asking for higher prices than others who aren't selling the expansion just look like greed and prevents me from making sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Void2258 wrote:
One of the items I can't post is SKYRIM and another is DISGEA (however I am somehow able to post Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment, items much less likely to sell), so it must be a pretty shitty database to begin with.

Being mean isn't the best way to ask for help.

At any rate, if you visit this page https://videogamegeek.com/videogame/90215/elder-scrolls-v-sk... and scroll down, you will see a Marketplace section with a "Sell" link that leads to https://videogamegeek.com/geekmarket/sell?objecttype=thing&o...

You probably didn't find Disgaea because you misspelled it. Try this search to pick the version you want to sell. https://videogamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&objec...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Comfort
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marketplace keeps going back to page 1 when scrolling other pages
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but for a week or so the marketplace will go back to page 1 when I'm scrolling later pages. This has happened even when I'm not touching the mouse, much less scrolling. Makes it hard to go through the pages that have been loaded since I last checked the marketplace the previous day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Comfort
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bug still occurring
As of 5 Feb, this issue is still occurring. When it happens, it takes me back to page 1, and I notice that each time, there is a new game posted at the top of the first page, so perhaps it is triggered by new postings. When it happens, the appearance changes to show only one page (i.e., there are no boxes that one can click on for page 2, 3, 4, and 5, so one has to reload the marketplace and start over to get back to where one was (at any page beyond the first). I hope someone can look into this soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
Harry Lime wrote:
As of 5 Feb, this issue is still occurring. When it happens, it takes me back to page 1, and I notice that each time, there is a new game posted at the top of the first page, so perhaps it is triggered by new postings. When it happens, the appearance changes to show only one page (i.e., there are no boxes that one can click on for page 2, 3, 4, and 5, so one has to reload the marketplace and start over to get back to where one was (at any page beyond the first). I hope someone can look into this soon.

I think I found out what was causing it. Post back if you are still having more problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Comfort
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott; seems to be working now!
It's been four days, and I haven't had the problem recur. Thank you, RLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Image upload via firefox doesn't work at all. Adblock disabled so it's not the case
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.