Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I get to use Developments on the turn I buy them?

I'm specifically thinking of "Weather Forecast" which checks how many Fortune cards you've played in a turn and awards a bonus accordingly. Since it would have to wait until the end of your turn to make the check it seems that I can get it on the turn I buy that Development. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Born-of-Ashes wrote:
Do I get to use Developments on the turn I buy them?

I'm specifically thinking of "Weather Forecast" which checks how many Fortune cards you've played in a turn and awards a bonus accordingly. Since it would have to wait until the end of your turn to make the check it seems that I can get it on the turn I buy that Development. Thoughts?

It is the last thing you do on your turn. So its effect wouldn't apply until your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My read is that buying a development card ends your turn.

But how delicious it would be if you could buy at the start of your turn if you had the doubloons. Your opponent's merchant cozies up to the purple naval ship for protection. You buy the "Letter of Marque" development and use your control of purple to attack, or use "False Colors" to swap your pirate with the purple to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.