Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, no news isn't always good news - but it's not always bad either.

Long story (that for professional reasons I won't go into detail here) short, we are in the process of development with a new company (new from where we started at least) and I feel good about where things are headed. Water, bridge, etc.

I've learned long ago to not set a specific date. I really thought this had a chance of getting out there earlier - I was sadly mistaken on that - but we're still around, developing and planning on bringing this to market at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger beatson
New Zealand
flag msg tools
sigtaulefty wrote:
Well, no news isn't always good news - but it's not always bad either.

Long story (that for professional reasons I won't go into detail here) short, we are in the process of development with a new company (new from where we started at least) and I feel good about where things are headed. Water, bridge, etc.

I've learned long ago to not set a specific date. I really thought this had a chance of getting out there earlier - I was sadly mistaken on that - but we're still around, developing and planning on bringing this to market at some point.

Sorry to hear the deal with the previous publishers (I'm assuming that was GMT Games from the previous posts)didn't eventuate but at least there is an upside with the game still being in development. Really looking forward to seeing this published at some stage.

Just a quick question. I'm guessing the 'team' playmats that come with the core game will be reasonably generic (e.g New York, Philly etc). Will the other 'teams', such as Tampa Bay, get their own playmats or is that something you might look as an optional thing - not hard to guess I'm a Rays fan.

regards
Roger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roughneck2 wrote:

Sorry to hear the deal with the previous publishers (I'm assuming that was GMT Games from the previous posts)didn't eventuate but at least there is an upside with the game still being in development. Really looking forward to seeing this published at some stage.

We're hopeful too. I think the new company we're talking to will have a chance to really dig into the prototype around Spring Training time.

Quote:

Just a quick question. I'm guessing the 'team' playmats that come with the core game will be reasonably generic (e.g New York, Philly etc). Will the other 'teams', such as Tampa Bay, get their own playmats or is that something you might look as an optional thing - not hard to guess I'm a Rays fan.

Our prototype has generic city names. One of the teams I made was Tampa because Joe Madden is from my hometown. I don't think I'll make a cubs colored Chicago mat though now that he's there.

I'm not against making mats for any city, but obviously using team names is very unlikely. I don't want to use goofy names like the Washington Whiffers, or the Houston Homers. I'd rather just use city names and let the players infer for themselves.

If printing costs allow, what I'd really like to do is print the boards double sided. One side of the mat would have a city name printed on it. The other side would be blank so if the player were so inclined to use a sharpie to write whatever city he wanted, he could. Just what I'd been thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger beatson
New Zealand
flag msg tools

Hi Max

Thanks for the prompt reply. Glad to hear the game is still being considered for publication.

As for the play-mats I can certainly understand the need to keep costs down. Perhaps once the game does get published a cheap alternative may be to just post a generic play-mat template here on BGG and let those gamers who feel so inclined to create their own in the teams/cities of their choice.

Am I correct in understanding that there may be a solo variant of the game being developed as well? Thought I saw it posted somewhere but can't be sure.

regards
Roger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think adding a template would be something a player could do. I don't know the legality but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Solo version? Yes. I'm working on two ways to solo play. 1- against an AI deck and 2- scenarios. Scenario example - you have a starting team. You have 3 years to win a World Series. The scenario would be written like a "choose you own adventure " book was written. This means it will take some time to do (longer than the solo deck ... Which I'm about halfway through making before I test it) but I think k that's something that will be fun to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger beatson
New Zealand
flag msg tools

Thanks again Max.

The two different solo variants sound really interesting.
Has certainly made this a 'must buy' for me.

regards
Roger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roughneck2 wrote:

Thanks again Max.

The two different solo variants sound really interesting.
Has certainly made this a 'must buy' for me.

regards
Roger

Great to hear. Now if a couple hundred more people feel that way we'll be made in the shade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Owen
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One here. 199 to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdowen3 wrote:
One here. 199 to go.

Thanks Paul!

I think the solo game can be pretty fun .. I've played a few now and I get my butt kicked by the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pdowen3 wrote:
One here. 199 to go.

Make that 2. 198 to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ballard
United States
Whitehouse
Ohio
flag msg tools
3, 197 to go. I am really looking forward to this game and have been for a couple of years. Hope it comes to fruition soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Brambilla
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4! -196
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5, 195

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Lewis
United States
West Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
designer
Victory By Any Means
badge
"Fear God and Dread Nought"
mbmbmbmbmb
6, 194
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish this will be out soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
I really wish this will be out soon

Me too.

We have tried to get in front of publishers, and a few have been promising and then stepped away for various reasons. Bob and I are working with someone who, we think (and hope), can help us either find a company willing to help us publish or perhaps give us the tools to kickstart.

It's been 4 years, and I'm just as anxious as ever to get this in front of people -- but the good news is that this project hasn't been rushed and therefore many of the kinks that a new game (from new designers) usually has should be developed out of this one by the time it does hit the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
O, have you thought about using Kickstarter?

BTW, every year when the baseball season starts, I thinks of your game....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
O, have you thought about using Kickstarter?

BTW, every year when the baseball season starts, I thinks of your game....

We have thought of it - and that may be a route we go down. I've seen enough failed kickstarters to know that we need our stuff together before we even think about that route. Finding a distributor, maybe fine tuning the art (because on kickstarter that kind of stuff is make or break).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
one more year of waiting....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
one more year of waiting....

And as Cubs fans say all the time, "this is our year". I do feel very optimistic now - simply because we've been working with a bona fide developer for the first time who has helped us streamline our processes and work through some kinks. Because of that, we're re-working some of the things we've done in the past and while we haven't gone completely back to the drawing board, we've been open to explore changes that we hadn't thought of.

Whether it gets a publisher's look or if it's Kickstarted by my father and I, we will have a better grasp of that relatively soon I believe.

Hang in there with us please - we're newb designers and while we think we have a really cool game, we lost valuable time in various areas and every time we decided "maybe we should try to kickstart", we found a new avenue to hopefully entice a publisher - which is our main goal. I know I can probably deal with a Kickstarter, but logistically I know it's an entire ordeal 1000x more than all of our promotional stuff has been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear it is still active.

There are a couple new baseball games released recently (e.g. Baseball Highlights 2045, Bottom of the 9th) but none of them are my cup of tea.

I am still really looking forward to see LoB in production. B4 that, I have to stay with my Strat-O-Matic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
Good to hear it is still active.

There are a couple new baseball games released recently (e.g. Baseball Highlights 2045, Bottom of the 9th) but none of them are my cup of tea.

I am still really looking forward to see LoB in production. B4 that, I have to stay with my Strat-O-Matic.

The world of game publishing has kicked my butt pretty hard. If I were to write a book about the overall experience, that would probably have an easier time getting published (judging by the fact that in the time my dad and I started brainstorming this, my wife has written and published FOUR books )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.