United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if anyone can convince me to jump on the Kickstarter in these final days. I'm tempted, but I'm trying to cut back on KS, and it appears all the stretch goals will be included in all copies.

As the game is already funded, and my $$ won't really make an impact with further goals, I'm inclined to hold off for now. Chances are, the game will be available for less at a later date.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment, the stretch goal for the upgraded box hasn't quite been reached. It may be before the end of the Kickstarter though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumpman78 wrote:
Huuuuge oversight that they did not do an add-on for the wooden token pieces. I would've backed this project if they had that. They could have made so much more money.

They might still do the token add-on for the last day.

(The names on the cards seem to be nearly invisible-much better than some other Kickstarters that have used black ink for this)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game seems like a nice simple card game, but I'm worried that a game where half the cards are from stretch goals with be too complicated and chaotic. I feel like adding new gameplay mechanics to promote kickstarter stretch goals doesn't help the gameplay design of board games. Any comments on how the stretch goal cards change the gameplay experience. The base game seems like it wouldn't involve much reading, but so I wonder how much the little text on the stretch goal cards will slow down the game.

I'm on the fence about backing the game and would appreciate some feedback from people who are more familiar with how it plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't back the game because you wanted wooden tokens, but didn't want the wooden box as well? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quartex wrote:
The base game seems like a nice simple card game, but I'm worried that a game where half the cards are from stretch goals with be too complicated and chaotic.

I'm worried about this too.
Would love to hear some feedback about this. On the fence about backing it and only 13 hours to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding was that not all the new cards are required to play.
So if the basis as half as functional as it is beautiful, you could always just rotate in whatever cards tickle your fancy on any old games night.

Aaah, just checked the wording of the additional cards:
Vye Kickstarter wrote:
The Hungry Seas is a new set of 4 land cards you can add to a game as a replacement for existing lands or to extend the length of the game.

So, yeah, it's apparently not intended that you play with 110 cards, but you could; you could also do a very thematic build, putting in Sinkholes and Earthquakes for an earthy feeling, or Hungry Seas and Onyx Coast for a maritime theme, or whatever really. Plus, you can take it slow and introduce the options one by one.

I think it's not warranted to hold the game's optional expansions (because that's what they essentially are) against it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this game looked light and fun, so I've been tempted to back it. However, I've been put off by having backers names printed on the cards. I'm not sure that I would want that on my copy of the game! Bit of a shame really. I keep changing my mind though! Does it bother me that much? Hmm, I think it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say go for it! My wife and I enjoyed the game. It's easy to learn and teach, I'd say a child could easily grasp the concepts if you are playing with kids. It's very quick to play. I would use it as a filler game between larger games at a game night. We plan on playing it before bed time so we can spend some time together.

If you are on the fence give the game a try. We played the actual game(rules and all) but didn't use the PnP version. A regular deck of cards worked out great! It wasn't as pretty as the PnP but it allowed us to play the game. Let me know if you want instructions on how to play the game with a normal deck of cards and I can help if you can't figure it out. For the tokens we used coins, but one could use tokens from another game or whatever you have lying around.

As for the names on the cards: for me it's not that big of a deal. They showed us what it will look like in an update and it's on the main page. It doesn't look like it will be too in your face.

From what I can tell you don't get anything too special for backing, aside from having the game first. I'm not 100% sure if the collectors edition will be available beyond the Kickstarter though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Howe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darla wrote:
I thought this game looked light and fun, so I've been tempted to back it. However, I've been put off by having backers names printed on the cards. I'm not sure that I would want that on my copy of the game! Bit of a shame really. I keep changing my mind though! Does it bother me that much? Hmm, I think it does.

I share the same sentiment. It's such a beautiful game, and although I am truly respectful and appreciate the people who are bringing this game to fruition, it's my hope that the retail version will not have the names, at least on the cards. I would have been fine with the names in the rule book or back of box.

Ok, back to the games I am backing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robotbunny wrote:

I share the same sentiment. It's such a beautiful game, and although I am truly respectful and appreciate the people who are bringing this game to fruition, it's my hope that the retail version will not have the names, at least on the cards. I would have been fine with the names in the rule book or back of box.

Ok, back to the games I am backing.

I will share this here since I shared it in the other thread as well:

Sand Hat Games said they weren't positive if future runs of Vye would have the backer names(straight from their comments section). It sounds to me like they are leaning towards no. It also didn't sound like they were positive if there would be another run of Vye.

We do know that all cards in the first print run will have the backer names on them. So even if after they start shipping you see Vye show up in stores, it will more than likely end up having the backer names on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.