Hazel Leah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello,

We have recently moved to a village near Richmond, N.Yorks and would love to meet some new people to play boardgames with.

There is me and my husband, 29 and 31 respectively, I'm not overly keen on games which are too complex but he is a much bigger geek than me and will play most things! Things we have played recently include Dominion, Small World, Eclipse.

I'm happy to organise, find venue etc but need to know there is actually some interested ppl first!

Give me a shout if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi
Depending on which side of Richmond you live - I might be interested.
I live in Staindrop and go through to Durham most Wednesdays and Thursdays, though.

Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hazel Leah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We are near Ravensworth so just off A66 so hopefully right side of Richmond! Out of interest where in Durham do you go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have been a member of the Durham Wargames Group for much of the last 35 years. We rent rooms 24/7 in the Vane Tempest Hall in Gilesgate. Although the Group is primarily a figure/model wargaming group there are a small group (up to 10-ish) of us who play boardgames. We meet on Wednesday evenings and Thursday evenings (the normal Group night) starting at around 7pm and going on as long as we feel able. We also spend the whole day playing a game (or games), starting at around 10am, on the first Sunday of the month. You would both be most welcome. Clare is very keen not to be the only female.

I am currently in Essen attending Spiel so am planning on shewing off my 'loot' next week! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
msg tools
Another gamer couple from a village between Richmond and Darlington and would like to get involved.
Have a smallish collection of (mostly German) boardgames but always keen to learn new ones.
Husband keen on wargames and has a large collection of Avalon Hill. SPI and WWW.
Keen to make contact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hunt
United Kingdom
Barnard Castle
County Durham
flag msg tools
I've tried on a couple of occasions to set up a boardgaming club in Barnard Castle but without any interest.
Please let me know if you manage to get something started.
All the best,
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Shepherd
England
Barnard Castle
County Durham
flag msg tools
No, idiot! Ask me something less Hitchhiker's Guide, dork!
badge
We're gonna get our asses kicked. We didn't have a breakfast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

About 6 of us, meet up weekly in Richmond for gaming of various types - boardgames, rpgs, wargames (board and minis.

In fact I drive though Ravensworth to get to the session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Shepherd
England
Barnard Castle
County Durham
flag msg tools
No, idiot! Ask me something less Hitchhiker's Guide, dork!
badge
We're gonna get our asses kicked. We didn't have a breakfast.
mbmbmbmbmb
John, I wish I'd known I'm near to Barnard Castle myself

And near Staindrop too, Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Unfortunately, in practice, Richmond is only marginally closer to Staindrop than Durham is. And, I have been persuaded to take on the role of Secretary of the DWG. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

We live in Richmond and like all manner of board-games, wargames and so on. We have a small network of gamers in the area. We meet in varying numbers and varying places as often as we can manage.

If you are interested in meeting up over a cup of tea and possibly a game, let me know. We live on the North side of Richmond. One of our guys (Mike) has already announced himself further up this thread.

Cheers
Paul and Gill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hazel Leah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. We'd definitely be interested in meeting up for a cuppa and a game, my hubby in particular is desperate to find some more people to play with.

Give me a PM if the offer still stands

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Czegledi
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Chiswick (Turnham Green to be exact)and Richmond (if there is enough people) every weekend there is a nice group of us playing board games.
Its organised via the meetup site.

Attila
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mercer
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gront wrote:
In Chiswick (Turnham Green to be exact)and Richmond (if there is enough people) every weekend there is a nice group of us playing board games.
Its organised via the meetup site.

Attila

Wrong Richmond!! Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Czegledi
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oops my baad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gwynne
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just seeing if there is anything going on here, or in Darlington, just about to move there for work and got used to playing games regularly prior to moving, so would love opportunities in and around this area...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are always the boardgamers of the Durham Wargames Group.
We meet on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from ~19.00 until the dice/cards/... fall from our nerveless fingers!!
We also have an all-day session on (usually) the first Sunday of the month to play those longer zombie games.
The Durham Wargames Group rents rooms 24/7 in Vale Tempest Hall (Gilesgate Community Centre) Gilesgate (!), Durham just behind the Queen's Head PH.

All welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thomas
msg tools
Hello,

I am also new to Richmond. I'm available most days to play board games, even at short notice.

I have a few games myself, but recently I've been addicted to Cthulhu Wars and have poured a lot of money into it! It's short, and so varied. I really recommend you try it.

Other games I have:

Doom
Memoir 44
Robo Rally
Risk 2215
War at Sea (Imperial Japanese Navy)

I also like:

Smash Up
Small World

Contact me if you fancy a game.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Goodwin
msg tools
mbmb
I don't know if people are still looking for games in this area! I live just off the A66 on the way to Dalton.

Have a variety of games:

Jamaica
ESCAPE
Kings of New York
Crazy Karts
Red7
X-Wing Miniatures
Imperial Assault
Forbidden Desert
Carcassone
Colt Express
Dungeons & Dragon 5th
FFG Star Wars Roleplaying

Willing to play most games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.