Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep all my sleeved cards in plastic ziplock bags, but I want to 'upgrade' this part of my storage solution. Does anyone know any good deck boxes that I can use for this game and CR/LoD? Preferably boxes than can hold 100 sleeved cards so that I can have just two for each game. I ask because I am considering FFG's deck box, but don't know if it's either good or it the cards will fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the FFG boxes for LCGs so you can store counters in the little box underneath. For the D&D adventure games, I actually use the Dragon Shield boxes.

http://www.arcanetinmen.dk/products/four-compartment-boxes

Here's a picture of how I store Legend of Drizzt with two Dragon Shield boxes to store all the base set cards as well as the campaign and room expansion cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks like a neat solution. However, I don't want to mix all components from all the games and also would like to keep the original insert. Would two deck boxes that can hold 100 sleeved cards each fit back into each box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
Dansun wrote:
That looks like a neat solution. However, I don't want to mix all components from all the games and also would like to keep the original insert. Would two deck boxes that can hold 100 sleeved cards each fit back into each box?

I'm afraid you'll have to put them in the insert for the miniatures if you want to do that. Even when the cards are only sleeved, I'm having problems of storing them in the card inserts, because I have to push them in with some force. So, the deck boxes won't fit in there at all. If you want to fit them in the miniatures insert, then you'll have to find another place for your creatures and tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0616william wrote:
I'm afraid you'll have to put them in the insert for the miniatures if you want to do that. Even when the cards are only sleeved, I'm having problems of storing them in the card inserts, because I have to push them in with some force. So, the deck boxes won't fit in there at all. If you want to fit them in the miniatures insert, then you'll have to find another place for your creatures and tokens.

Well, I'm hoping you are wrong I have ordered six Dragon Shield Deck Boxes, two for each game, and I am hoping that they will fit side by side in the biggest well in the insert. After that, it's just a matter of trying to fit the baggies with my monster miniatures in there as well (I keep most of my tokens in baggis in the card inserts). If it'll work, I dunno. As it is, I am storing my cards in four different baggies but in the same place, so theoretically it could work. If not, then I have six Deck Boxes that I have no use for. Luckily, they are rather cheap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update: two Dragon Shield boxes did fit in the larger well in the insert. The rest of all the figures and components did fit in there as well (in the insert that is, not just in the larger well), although it was a bit tight. But mission accomplished!

Haven't tried it with Castle Ravenloft and Legend of Drizzt yet though. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: I have now tried this solution with all three of the games. It works fantastically well! It is a tight fit with everything else, but I had no problem gettin everything in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.