Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If an infiltrator fails his morale check when attempting CC does he panic, thus losing his infiltrator status?

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roar Stensrud
Norway
Tolvsroed
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An infiltrator who fails his morale check is pinned and loses infiltrator status. He does not panic.

R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to add my question here instead of making a new thread.

Can you enter close combat with a man who's infiltrating another group (or the same one the CC men are coming from)?

This just came up in a game I played and I've never encountered it before. My A Group had an infiltrator in my opponents B Group. My opponent used his A group to infiltrate my A group. Then he entered CC with one of his men and he was assigned to my man that was infiltrating. It doesn't appear that the rules specifically address this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

Can you enter close combat with a man who's infiltrating another group (or the same one the CC men are coming from)?

This just came up in a game I played and I've never encountered it before. My A Group had an infiltrator in my opponents B Group. My opponent used his A group to infiltrate my A group. Then he entered CC with one of his men and he was assigned to my man that was infiltrating. It doesn't appear that the rules specifically address this situation.

Huh. I'm not surprised that the rules don't cover that situation, but I would say that if both groups were at RR5, it's not inherently unreasonable to allow his man to engage yours. Everyone is in close proximity, and close combat doesn't necessarily mean hand-to-hand. It could just as easily be a grenade toss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

This just came up in a game I played and I've never encountered it before. My A Group had an infiltrator in my opponents B Group. My opponent used his A group to infiltrate my A group. Then he entered CC with one of his men and he was assigned to my man that was infiltrating.

Yes--the CC attacker from Group A can be assigned to attack a defender that happens to be infiltrating Group B.

Quote:
It doesn't appear that the rules specifically address this situation.

The rules cover the situation by making no mention of disallowing infiltrators in other groups in the RPC draw in determining the target of the CC attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.