Subject: rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sensei Me
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1-When a card asks for random cards to be chosen, who chooses and how?

Examples: -Take The Shinies reads: Each other player discards two random cards.
-Brownie reads: After another player plays a card that affects
this minion, that player discards two random cards.

Does the player discarding choose? Does the player who played the card choose? Are they drawn at random? Or can you look through and choose the cards to be discarded?

2-Is there a limit to the number of special actions that can be played during the "Check For Scoring" phase? If I understand correctly, there is no limit and the current player gets to play specials first, am I right?

3-Is there a limit to the number of actions played on a base?

4-Cellular Bonding reads: Play on a minion. Choose an action on a minion. Ongoing: This card has the abilities of the chosen action.

If the chosen ability is no longer in play (ex: Minion with ability is destroyed), what happens to the minion with Cellular Bonding? Does he keep the ability?

5-Do cards that affect Actions "On a base", also include Actions played on Minions at that base?

These questions may have already been answered and if so, I apologize. I appreciate any help given. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Urbanek
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
1. Any method of randomization can be chosen. Usually we have the player who has to discard fan out his hand and another player selects a card (usually the player who caused the discard to happen).

2. No limit to special actions. Yes, current player gets to play first, and then others. I've even seen specials played in response to other specials (since the base scoring had not been completed yet).

3. No limit to number of actions on a base. Or on a creature.

4. Cellular Bonding gains the abilities. It is not actively mirroring the card. So it will continue to have the abilities even when the original card is gone.

5. No. Actions are played either on a base or on a minion. Cards that affect actions on a base will only affect those on bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper73 wrote:
1-When a card asks for random cards to be chosen, who chooses and how?

Examples: -Take The Shinies reads: Each other player discards two random cards.
-Brownie reads: After another player plays a card that affects
this minion, that player discards two random cards.

Does the player discarding choose? Does the player who played the card choose? Are they drawn at random? Or can you look through and choose the cards to be discarded?

It doesn't really matter who chooses, so long as it is random I.E. you can't look though them and decided, unless it specifies you can

Reaper73 wrote:
2-Is there a limit to the number of special actions that can be played during the "Check For Scoring" phase? If I understand correctly, there is no limit and the current player gets to play specials first, am I right?

No, you are correct; no limit, with Special action rounds starting with the current player and continuing until all players pass sequentially.

Reaper73 wrote:
3-Is there a limit to the number of actions played on a base?

No, no limit - Steampunks be smiling!

Reaper73 wrote:
4-Cellular Bonding reads: Play on a minion. Choose an action on a minion. Ongoing: This card has the abilities of the chosen action.

If the chosen ability is no longer in play (ex: Minion with ability is destroyed), what happens to the minion with Cellular Bonding? Does he keep the ability?

Not as sure on this on, although I'd say it retains the effect of the action (it's not like a Mimic that actively copies a current aspect each turn).

Reaper73 wrote:
5-Do cards that affect Actions "On a base", also include Actions played on Minions at that base?

No, only actions that specifically say "Play on a Base".

Hope this helps a tad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sensei Me
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for all the help. Some rules were a little unclear. Understand them better now. Once again, much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.