7 Posts

Legendary: Guardians of the Galaxy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Kree-Skrull War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Waldo
msg tools
mbmbmb
If there are zero Kree and Skrull in the escaped or if there are equal what do you do with the twist? Where does it go? The way we played it was in just got KOed. Wanted to see what everyone thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cbwaldo wrote:
If there are zero Kree and Skrull in the escaped or if there are equal what do you do with the twist? Where does it go? The way we played it was in just got KOed. Wanted to see what everyone thought.

I believe the rule is if you have no place to put a card it goes into the KO pile. So yes you played it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AHewlett wrote:
Cbwaldo wrote:

I believe the rule is if you have no place to put a card it goes into the KO pile. So yes you played it correctly.

This is correct. This Scheme is all about keeping the balance between the forces and adding more tactical considerations regarding whether to attack enemies and which ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
KnobblySavage wrote:
This is correct. This Scheme is all about keeping the balance between the forces and adding more tactical considerations regarding whether to attack enemies and which ones.

Well, if you're lucky that's what it comes down to. Unfortunately, in the latter parts of the game when you're rocking the combat, you're stuck with whether you leave them out and hope that they work their way off the track to an Escape. And letting your combat (and thus most of your ability to obtain victory points) sit unused on any given turn Which can be... tricky.

While in the early parts of the game, you don't have enough combat to manipulate the track as well as you might hope to maintain that balance.

We got a tie for the first... 3 out of 4 schemes. More through luck than anything based on who was in the city and who escaped. After that, the Skrulls got the upper hand and there really wasn't much you could do to stop them.

Granted, the Infinity Space Gem and the city-movers like Storm and Blade can help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gislef wrote:
KnobblySavage wrote:

Well, if you're lucky that's what it comes down to. Unfortunately, in the latter parts of the game when you're rocking the combat, you're stuck with whether you leave them out and hope that they work their way off the track to an Escape. And letting your combat (and thus most of your ability to obtain victory points) sit unused on any given turn Which can be... tricky.

While in the early parts of the game, you don't have enough combat to manipulate the track as well as you might hope to maintain that balance.

We got a tie for the first... 3 out of 4 schemes. More through luck than anything based on who was in the city and who escaped. After that, the Skrulls got the upper hand and there really wasn't much you could do to stop them.

Granted, the Infinity Space Gem and the city-movers like Storm and Blade can help you.

You're right, I made it sound like it is all tactical decisions, when this really is very swingy depending on how your Villain draws turn out. Some bad draws can really ruin your day here more than in most other Schemes. However, I don't mind that and find the balancing part really fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this scheme last night in a 5-player game (all of us playing it for the first time). Didn't go so well. We had the obligatory early game escape of a Skrull (ie lack of attack). Then we built up some attack and were able to keep the city clear, however, we then got a bad run of scheme twists. Game over. No Kree ever escaped. In fact I believe only 2 ever made it out. By the time the 2nd came around we tried to keep it in the city, to no avail. Fourth scheme twist and done. If it wasn't 2 in the morning we would have played again, but we were all pretty amazed at how quickly the game ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guerra
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I've played this solo and i've got 3 twists with an empty city... For not being too easy I give the twist to the side with less twists.

My suggestion is to put these "draws" as a "half" for each side... I think the game will be more challenging. Because if you have lucky there can be a situation where evil will never win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.