The X-Files» Forums » General

Subject: Any news or demos from Essen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject says it all really. Anyone at Essen? Any news? Finished components? Anything at all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, we aren't at Essen this year.

So unless someone has stolen a copy there shouldn't be any news there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If IDW has anything to do with it - I would avoid it. They ran a very piss-poor Kickstarter campaign for Kill Shakespeare. Sorry for the actual designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest disappointment is watching the release dates pass by with no news. July, August, September, now October and I have no idea what is happening.

I would like to know how the release dates were determined. Are they decided after manufacturing is started? Or did IDW shoot from the hip and approximate a date from their current development stage.

I try to look on the bright side where possible. But this upset me because by comparison so many companies I have bought from have excellent communication about their products. My favourites are Gamelyn Games, Victory Point Games, Level 99 Games, Sirlin Games, Cheapass Games and Laboratory Games. I am sharing this information because I would like IDW to check out what these guys do right.

In the end my rant is fuelled by my excitement for the game. It looks like a fantastic product. I hope that if we are given an update about the game that care is taken with the answer given. Better to promise less and deliver more, than promise more and deliver less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind IDW is new at this. Also we know it is getting printed, so it doesn't matter if we hear or not, Just got to be patient. At least it is not Galaxy trucker expansion style where it was suppose to come out then a year later they said oh there are delays, and nothing till it came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Reubens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Level 99 has great products but they are not exactly the best when it comes to release dates...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
thaos52002 wrote:
Level 99 has great products but they are not exactly the best when it comes to release dates...

True, but they are great at communicating. You know every step of the way what is going on, which is ok for me. This is what I was getting at with IDW, there is no clear communication or feedback on the status of the game, only "In stores September".

I am not aware of the Galaxy Trucker expansion, hopefully it does not go that way. Regarding IDW being new at board games, this is part of the reason for my comments. I want to give this feedback so they can discuss and improve for the next time. Because I am secretly hoping for some Proof comic love in the future in table top gaming. (hint hint)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poppa Necktie
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
If I hear "Remember IDW is new at the game business, so cut them some slack!!" again, I will lose my mind.

If I woke my 13 year old niece in the middle of the night and said "Surprise, you're running a game company, now get to it!!", she would run it better in her half-woken state than IDW has been running things for the last year. We're not talking about building the Mars lander here, it's actually pretty simple stuff.

After the bungling of Machi Koro, Kill Shakespeare and now X-Files, you've got to ask yourself if this company isn't being run by stoners and/or completely incompetent clowns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotting wrote:
. . . isn't being run by stoners and/or completely incompetent clowns.

I would award 100 awesome points if IDW is staffed by stoner clowns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.