United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I always assumed that a hero affected by Grease Trap would move through friendly figures (as long as he ends up in an empty space), but a question has come up in a game I'm playing and I'm really not sure. Any opinions on this? Have we asked FFG for clarification? I can't find anything on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Scott
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
How we have played it is that sliding heroes will move through friendly figures. However, if the last space it slides to is either occupied or is a wall, then it suffers the wound or fatigue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I always assumed that a hero affected by Grease Trap would move through friendly figures (as long as he ends up in an empty space), but a question has come up in a game I'm playing and I'm really not sure. Any opinions on this? Have we asked FFG for clarification? I can't find anything on this.

Grease Trap reads, "For each space he cannot move he suffers..."

Heroes can move through friendly figures. However, like all figures, heroes may not end their movement in any space but an empty one. Therefore, if another hero figure occupied the first or second space that a hero enters during grease trap, he would move through without suffering anything.

However, if it was the last space (or for example, if the 3 spaces are: empty space, hero figure, wall, etc.) then he would suffer the penalty in that case, since the condition exists that if he moved into that space he would be forced to stop there. Since he cannot stop there, he cannot enter there.

So, if the direction is [empty space, hero figure, empty space] he would suffer no damage/fatigue. If it were [empty space, empty space, hero figure] he would have to suffer once, and if it were [empty space, hero figure, wall] he would suffer twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I sent the question into FFG just to make sure, and it was confirmed.

If the overlord plays Grease Trap and the targeted hero fails the test, does that hero move through friendly figures as long as that hero ends up in an empty space, or do friendly figures stop the Grease Trap movement?

Nathan Hajek wrote:
The rule is that figures can move through friendly figures. Even though the overlord is doing the moving, the other heroes are still friendly figures so they can be moved through.

Thanks,

Nathan Hajek
Creative Content Developer
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.