Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Does any one have any suggestions how the above personality works in a 2 player auction ?

Does the second player get their tile for free as no one to bid against or does the second player pay a nominal amount ?

Nothing in rules that I could find suggests how to use this tile and I wonder if it should be withdrawn in 2 player game as in my view it's clearly designed for a three/ four player game

I do kinda get the impression that the 2 player rules feel stuck as an after thought and this is at heart a 3/4 player game any one share this view ?

Thanks in advance

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its just like usual first you have to win the bid for Vasco, patch him like usual and then for future auctions you may use his ability once during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I understand how to use it... it's his ability that I am questioning in a 2player game if you use his ability and take a tile from the auction without having to bid that leaves the other player on his own in the auction does he take the left over auction for free or does he bid against himself and pay one or whatever he likes for the remaking tile because in a 2 player game Vasco's ability leaves the other player on his own in the auction

Sorry I did not make my question clearer but using his ability in player auction breaks the auction ...

Best wishes

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
The other player must pay the minimum one dollar bid. It's good for them, but better for you, in that you can steal a tile before they have a chance to bid on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
The other player must pay the minimum one dollar bid. It's good for them, but better for you, in that you can steal a tile before they have a chance to bid on it.

Ok thanks ...your majesty !

Does the rule about placing starting workers also apply for the 2 player first round special auction ?

Best wishes

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Yup. One worker for the E side, two for L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent

Thx for taking time out to answer my questions ...

Much appreciated

Happy gaming

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.