Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In another game extra tokens are a bonus... In this one they're scary!

I have 50 rather than 49, including 10 trolls. Is this the new standard?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think someone from Fireside is trolling you here...okay, that was bad, I apologise!

I don't have this extra troll, and as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a new standard, so either you could keep it as a spare, play with it for a tiny bit of extra challenge, or...hide it and sneakily give yourself more points in the final score

NB: - best to ignore that last one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

Officially, there should only be 9 10 Trolls, so it looks like an extra one of them snuck into your game. That's so like them . . .

In reality our games are hand assembled and occasionally there is a bit of human error. Sorry for the confusion! It could make for a more challenging game if you include the extra monster token, or you could just brag to all your friends about the "extra" stuff you got.

Thanks,
Justin

EDIT: I goofed and gave an incorrect answer on this. There should be 10 Trolls!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeston wrote:
Hi Mark,

Officially, there should only be 9 Trolls, so it looks like an extra one of them snuck into your game. That's so like them . . .

In reality our games are hand assembled and occasionally there is a bit of human error. Sorry for the confusion! It could make for a more challenging game if you include the extra monster, or you could just brag to all your friends about the "extra" stuff you got.

Thanks,
Justin

Thank you sir.

A lovely game, which is already well on its way to becoming a classic. I bought the expansion obviously.

My only surprise was that it didn't describe the original tokens in the rulebook, so I hunted here for them, and saw one comment about 10 trolls and one less discard card, so was unsure. (The photo I saw did indeed specify 9 trolls).

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the thread. It refers to an fb post from Fireside games which says 10 orcs, only one discard cards...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/951818/castle-panic-card-and...

I guess since I have both options I can pick and choose...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaaand apparently I was half asleep when I answered your previous message months ago.

There should be 10 trolls in the game. 10, as in one more than 9.

I don't know what I was saying earlier and I apologize for spreading the confusion... Now, there should still only be 49 tokens TOTAL in the game, so it does still sound like there was an extra one in that game and I'm betting it was an "All Players Discard 1 Card" token. That error seems to be the most common.

Again, my apologies for not getting it right the first time.

-Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woah! surprise

I just messaged fireside about this today; I am missing one troll and only have 9, but I have an extra discard 1 card token as well... weird!

My fingers are crossed they can supply me with that extra troll, but in the meantime we've just been putting the first one slain back in, since we haven't played with master slayer rules yet it hasn't mattered yet anyway.

Funny to see such a similar problem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... well, if you have one fewer troll and one more discard, it makes the game a little easier, which isn't a bad thing if playing with kids!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.