Subject: Occupying a territory for free rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
I managed to get in a game of kings pouch this Saturday, I must say it felt like a nice medium weighted game
Am looking forward to exploring it more

One rule problem came up that I'm not certain if we played it right

One of the cards allow for a free "occupy territory" action
Does this mean that I can overtake a territory - be it open or enemy occupied - and claim it as my own?
So I'll score 2 points if it was open and 5 if it were occupied? No attack strength required nor does it matter how many enemy tokens in the territory? This makes it seem VERY powerful. I do know that we have to follow the occupying rules whereby the territory must be connected to my castle. But this seemed like the most powerful of the abilities so far in our first play

Were we playing it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Lee
South Korea
Seoul
Korea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
One of the cards allow for a free "occupy territory" action
Does this mean that I can overtake a territory - be it open or enemy occupied - and claim it as my own?
So I'll score 2 points if it was open and 5 if it were occupied? No attack strength required nor does it matter how many enemy tokens in the territory? This makes it seem VERY powerful. I do know that we have to follow the occupying rules whereby the territory must be connected to my castle. But this seemed like the most powerful of the abilities so far in our first play

Were we playing it right?

Yes.
It seems it's very powerful. Also free support seems very powerful, too.
In first few plays, which players do not have experience in this game, the military tech-tree is preferred because it's very straightforward. But in some cases, even the player who has less than 3 territory at the end wins.

Actually, "discount attack strength" was what we thought as most overpowered action until we finalize the rules. But after long long test playing period, we all agreed that it's not overpowered.

There are so many possibilities in different game situations. I cannot tell you what to do if someone is doing free attack and gets big advantage from that. But if you still think it's too strong after several tries. Please post a picture here. If I can see the whole situation, I might able to give you an advise.

At this time, all I can tell you is that considering the whole game flow is more important than you think. Please keep in mind that two differnt shape of citizens exists and you can draw one by one.
We said that it's one hour game but if you really get into the game, it takes quite a lot of time just drawing the citizens.

Thank you for your deep interest in King's Pouch.
Please let us know if anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Hi Albert!

Thanks for your quick reply!
Yes am most looking forward to playing it again
Hope to try it with 3 players too

With regards to the discount in attack and purchasing buildings and support, is the discount for the whole round when it's activated? Or is it only for the first purchase or first attack?

So if I activated the discount in attack for this round, and I made 3 separate attacks, are they all discounted at 1 attack discount each? Saving me 3 attack symbols?
That's how we played anyway. I had it and found it extremely useful as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Lee
South Korea
Seoul
Korea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
Hi Albert!

Thanks for your quick reply!
Yes am most looking forward to playing it again
Hope to try it with 3 players too

With regards to the discount in attack and purchasing buildings and support, is the discount for the whole round when it's activated? Or is it only for the first purchase or first attack?

So if I activated the discount in attack for this round, and I made 3 separate attacks, are they all discounted at 1 attack discount each? Saving me 3 attack symbols?
That's how we played anyway. I had it and found it extremely useful as well

It applies to every attack / purchase in that round.
So it may be very powerful in certain situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.