Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards look so great, and they have language translations on the cards. But no rules in English. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Harper
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you post some pictures please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
duckworp wrote:
The cards look so great, and they have language translations on the cards. But no rules in English. Anyone?

I can do it if you can provide a copy of the German somehow. From the sketchy description I've heard, it doesn't sound as if there are any outrageously complicated mechanisms to figure out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jharper921 wrote:
Can you post some pictures please?

I will try and post a picture of rules if (a) i can work out how to do that, and (b)BGG admin don't censor it for copyright reasons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get an image of the rules onto the computer you use to access BGG, you can upload it easily enough in a forum posting. Just look for the icon with a folder and an arrow on it in the menu bar just above the place for the subject on the posting editor window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are two shots of the rule cards. One photo shows page 1,3 and 5 of the rules, the other shows 2,4 and6. I had to do it this inconvenient way as the rules appear on two sides of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The images look blurred on this post but if you click on them they become clearer.

I hope you can read them. If not let me know and I will do 6 individual photos of each card face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These should be good enough. I imagine this will sound a bit clunky in spots, but it should suffice.

[A slightly cleaned-up version of these rules is in the Files section --EA]

Preparation
The 17 animals are mixed together with the rest of the cards. The game setup is carried out just as described in the basic rules.
By using the 17 additional animals the deck is indeed a bit larger; however, it will have no serious impact on the course of the game. The game may possibly last one round longer.

Each player gets one 4-point Animal Majority marker in his color, which he places gray side up in front of him at the beginning of the game.

The Animal Cards
The 17 animals belong to the new group "Animals". The card layout is essentially identical to the cards in the base game. Each Animal Card can be used
for each of the six actions.

The back side of the animal card is somewhat busier. This is, however, a purely visual difference. An animal card can, exactly like every other card, be played as a house. People can also be played, as usual, on an "Animal house".

Animals Are Also Just People
Rules and cards that refer to "people" also refer to Animals as well. The exceptions are explained in the following sections.

Note: The Watchdog in the base game is not an Animal!

There Are, However, Some Small New Rules

Action 6: Play a Person
An Animal may be played in an empty house or even one with a Person. If an Animal is played in an empty house, a Person can be played later in that house as well.

Each house may thus be occupied by 1 Person AND 1 Animal.

The Person should lie on top so that the function remains visible.

Notes on the Threats:

Plague: The player may also discard an Animal instead of a "normal" Person.

Fire: When a player discards a house, he takes all its occupants into his hand.

Animals Cannot Be Activated
Animals have no function and thus cannot be activated like Persons. Animals are simply there and give milk, lay eggs, and keep their humans company.

Phase 4: Verifying Majorities
The three majorities (reputation, canal building, and people) are verified as in the base game.
Note: Animals do not count towards the person majority.

Afterwards the majority for the animals is checked as well. If a player has a clear majority, he may turn his Animal majority marker to the points-earning side.

Points at Game's End
Animals have a more favorable points rate than normal people. The points are indicated on the Animal card.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan T.
msg tools
In Spielbox-Forum Georg from publisher Hans im Glück said that every animal played as a house is one victory point (just like a normal house).

They just forgot to print the victory points on the back of the animal cards...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.