7 Posts

The Convicted» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deserter's special ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jozza O
msg tools
mbmbmb
Quick question on the deserter's special ability; how do you guys play it?

We're having some discussion on how it works. One side saying you get a free unit once a round, other side saying you get an extra unit (once in a round) when performing a recruit action.

Any concensus on this, or people playing it differently perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Jozza wrote:
Quick question on the deserter's special ability; how do you guys play it?
We're having some discussion on how it works. One side saying you get a free unit once a round, other side saying you get an extra unit (once in a round) when performing a recruit action.

The right version is: when you performing a recruit action you get an extra unit (once in a round)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Winslow
United States
Upland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the deserter is currently my favorite convicted. When you have a lvl5 barracks and can get a free arquebusier or heavy infantry every round, that saves you a ton of expense. Currently playing a 2p with deserter sorcerer combo and the Barbarians are shaking in their boots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
I'M TRAPPED IN AN OVERTEXT FACTORY SEND HELP
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, the second unit is free? wow

I thought it meant you could train 2 units instead of 1 in one action once per round, but you still had to pay the cost of both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itsvan N
msg tools
Same question as Pierzasty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Pierzasty wrote:
Wait, the second unit is free? wow

I thought it meant you could train 2 units instead of 1 in one action once per round, but you still had to pay the cost of both.

No, the second unit is free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jeswins wrote:
And the deserter is currently my favorite convicted. When you have a lvl5 barracks and can get a free arquebusier or heavy infantry every round, that saves you a ton of expense. Currently playing a 2p with deserter sorcerer combo and the Barbarians are shaking in their boots.

Agreed. The Smuggler and counterfeiter are also awesome (especially when they are both in the same game). Turning 3 wood into gold is super sweet! (as is collecting 8 wood in one action!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.