Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... "Yay! A new tray for all the (new) unit tiles."
But then I was like: "How will this fit in the box?"

I own all the expansions (excluding Realms and six player board) and I already removed the original inlay long ago. However, even with Xtreme Tetris Skillz, it is not possible to fit the three unit trays in the box with all other stuff and close the lid completely.

Anyone else's OCD acting up? (Or have any idea how to 'fix' this?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
One solution is custom made storage pieces. I am getting ready to post a storage solution for Small World on Kickstarter. It should be live by next weekend just in case you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jedijeff wrote:
One solution is custom made storage pieces. I am getting ready to post a storage solution for Small World on Kickstarter. It should be live by next weekend just in case you're interested.

Yes, custom solution seems in order.

Thanks for the idea, but since you're in the States, shipping is gonna cost more than I'd like to spend probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this at Essen last saturday, the storage tray for this expansion is exactly the same lay-out as the one in Small World: Be Not Afraid...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SammySnijbonen wrote:
I bought this at Essen last saturday, the storage tray for this expansion is exactly the same lay-out as the one in Small World: Be Not Afraid...

Yes. I know.
That wasn't the point. The annoying thing is that all the stuff doesn't fit properly in the box anymore. I have three trays (the original one and the two expansions), a bunch of baggies with other stuff, the maps and the rules.
The maps are really the problem though. The two expansion trays fit exactly on top of each other in the box, but the maps push the lid up.

Ah well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Jakobsen
Denmark
København S
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jedijeff wrote:

I'm looking forward to see your solution on Kickstarter. I may back it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Grenier
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohanDK wrote:
jedijeff wrote:

I'm looking forward to see your solution on Kickstarter. I may back it!

I would also consider back this, if you could PM me a link once started but I will be searching for it in a weeks time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
For anyone that is interested my Ready To Play storage solution for the game Small World is up on Kickstarter. There are multiple options available depending on which expansions you have.

Unfortunately for those across the pond, international shipping is expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw this comment about the storage solution on Kickstarter. That's what I get for zoning out from BGG for the entirety of 2014... Glad you succeeded. There are a couple of small companies, locally, that offer similar products. I got their kit for King of Tokyo, but so far neither one has tackled Small World's unique problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.