Subject: Resolved Red Card Crisis in Phase 6 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
We need to draw an Evolution card in phase 6, and it's Red. We resolve the crisis.

Now what do we do with the card? Does it go back on top of the Evo card deck? Or is it removed from the game?

If it stays on top of the deck, then it could keep re-occurring in a future phase 6 .... yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard-Nose
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red crises are only resolved once, immediately when they are revealed (can be in any phase).
Yellow ones (and white "effects") can come back next turn if they are not removed from the top of the deck.

In phase 6, when you resolve a red crisis that comes up, it is currently on top of the deck, and it stays there. It only comes off the top of the deck when you use it to replace an open character/progress card that has been bought/removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckm1961 wrote:
We need to draw an Evolution card in phase 6, and it's Red. We resolve the crisis.

Now what do we do with the card? Does it go back on top of the Evo card deck? Or is it removed from the game?

If it stays on top of the deck, then it could keep re-occurring in a future phase 6 .... yes?

Hi. First of all, you resolve the Red Crisis shown the revealed evolution card below the card you've just drawn, i.e., it's the back of the next card that you'll draw. So, once you resolve it... it naturally stays there, on the top of the deck, as you never moved it.

Furthermore, Red Crises are resolved only once, immediately when they're revealed. So, it's irrelevant if the card will stay on the top of the deck, or not, as you will never resolve twice a Red Crisis. However, a Beige Crisis will be normally resolved during Phase 4 and might be resolved twice, if the card stays on top during the next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
Picon wrote:
chuckm1961 wrote:

Hi. First of all, you resolve the Red Crisis shown the revealed evolution card below the card you've just drawn, i.e., it's the back of the next card that you'll draw. So, once you resolve it... it naturally stays there, on the top of the deck, as you never moved it.

Furthermore, Red Crises are resolved only once, immediately when they're revealed. So, it's irrelevant if the card will stay on the top of the deck, or not, as you will never resolve twice a Red Crisis. However, a Beige Crisis will be normally resolved during Phase 4 and might be resolved twice, if the card stays on top during the next round.

I am still confused. I know that the Red crisis card could potentially sit on top of the deck for a while, that's why I confused as to why it doesn't keep potentially triggering.

Your answer is to say that "Red Crises are resolved only once" but I don't see that specified in the rules. Is the use of the word "immediate" on page 13 supposed to tell me this? I think the rules should be clearer, if that is so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard-Nose
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckm1961 wrote:
Your answer is to say that "Red Crises are resolved only once" but I don't see that specified in the rules. Is the use of the word "immediate" on page 13 supposed to tell me this? I think the rules should be clearer, if that is so.

Exactly. You resolve the red crises "immediately" when they are revealed, and ignore them in phase 4 (p.7).
Together, this means that you only resolve them once when they are revealed (mostly in phase 6), and resolve all yellow crises and white events in phase 4.

Yeah.. it isn't the best of all rulebooks..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
I am with you, and I thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the specific rule on pg 13 is:

Quote:
Important: If, as a result of drawing a card the next card on top of the deck includes a red zone on its back, the corresponding crisis or event must be resolved immediately, following the rules in Phase 4.

the key phrase here is 'as a result of drawing a card'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.