Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing – Enterprise NX-01 Federation Expansion Pack» Forums » General

Subject: Hull Polarization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why isn't there a card for "Polarized Hull Plating" like the I.R.W. Praetus/Romulan Scout Ship has? I guess you could pay 2 + 1 points to use the Romulan card, but you would have thought the NX-01 would have came with a similar card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madhopper50 wrote:
Why isn't there a card for "Polarized Hull Plating" like the I.R.W. Praetus/Romulan Scout Ship has? I guess you could pay 2 + 1 points to use the Romulan card, but you would have thought the NX-01 would have came with a similar card.

It does, and the named version gets it (and the slot to put it in) for free. The Enhanced Hull Plating upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Enhanced Hull Plating card costs an aux pwr token for each hit converted. The Romulan stops one hit at no cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your point? Enhanced Hull Plating represents the NX's hull plating defenses from the show. Gave it a slightly different name than the Romulan upgrade since Enhanced Hull Plating has a 1 per ship clause (giving the same name would not allow the Romulan one to be deployed to the same ship as the Federation one if so desired, given that clause). By any other name, a rose smells as sweet.

I also think you have them confused. Romulan upgrade can convert a crit to a hit. Federation upgrade generates an evade (max 2) for an aux each. Federation one is clearly better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I should have been wearing my glasses. Appreciate the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.