Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two Federation Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skyler Borgman
msg tools
Can I disable Lojur to save tactical station?

Can Beverly crusher "save" phlox if she is already disabled? I.e., during activation phase phlox clears bevs disable, then she disables to prevent phlox from disabling?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SkylerBorgman wrote:
Can I disable Lojur to save tactical station?

Can Beverly crusher "save" phlox if she is already disabled? I.e., during activation phase phlox clears bevs disable, then she disables to prevent phlox from disabling?


If disabling yes, if discarding no.

Possibly, I lean to yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SMDMadCow wrote:
SkylerBorgman wrote:
Can I disable Lojur to save tactical station?

Can Beverly crusher "save" phlox if she is already disabled? I.e., during activation phase phlox clears bevs disable, then she disables to prevent phlox from disabling?


If disabling yes, if discarding no.

Possibly, I lean to yes.


I still dispute that you are 'firing' the Tactical Station when you use it, and would rule that Lojur cannot be used.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Crusher is already disabled when Phlox activates she can not use her ability text when he disables to enable the crew as his disable is paid as part of his effect, meaning she is still disabled when he disables himself. There is zero debate that can be applied to this scenario.

If Crusher is not disabled when Phlox activates, she would not be re-enabled when he activates since the activation is paid at the same time as the trigger, meaning that she would not also get removed (since she was not disabled when he activated). There is some debate from this from some sources, but the timing would seem to support it. IE: He disables as he re-enables the crew, and since Crusher disables after he goes to pay his disable she would not be re-enabled.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Magentawolf wrote:
SMDMadCow wrote:
SkylerBorgman wrote:
Can I disable Lojur to save tactical station?

Can Beverly crusher "save" phlox if she is already disabled? I.e., during activation phase phlox clears bevs disable, then she disables to prevent phlox from disabling?


If disabling yes, if discarding no.

Possibly, I lean to yes.


I still dispute that you are 'firing' the Tactical Station when you use it, and would rule that Lojur cannot be used.


I agree with you here. You wouldn't be firing Tactical Station.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Steiner
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Lojur: When your ship fires a (weapon) upgrade that requires you to disable it, you may disable Lojur instead of that (weapon) upgrade.

He can prevent the disable of the tactical station he cant prevent the discarding.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
You don't fire tact stations. You just disable for an extra dice.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.