In this episode of The Long View, I'm pleased to be joined by first time guest
Peter Bemis
United States
Plymouth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
as we discuss the landmark game of Space Alert from noted designer Vlaada Chvátil. Is this the ultimate cooperative game? What has been this game's effect on later designs? Is it a trailblazer worthy of your attention, or should you leave it lost in space? Find out for yourself as we discuss this fascinating game along with the expansion Space Alert: The New Frontier, and designer Vlaada Chvátil in general. Thanks to Peter for being on the show!

As a bonus, I also review two games. First up is the new Stronghold release of Among the Stars: The Ambassadors. Is this a worthy addition to the Among the Stars base game? What does it offer that makes it worthy of purchase in the post Essen flood? Listen and find out! The review can be found at the 1:26:30 mark of the episode.

I also review the Game Salute title of Sunrise City. Is this a city building game made for you or a thinly veiled abstract? Is it challenging and fun? Does the theme come through? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this review, found at the 1:53:00 mark of the episode.

Thanks to my sponsor, www.gamesurplus.com for their continued support of the show, thanks to The Dice Tower and all of the sister podcasts in the Network, thanks to Peter for being my guest and, of course, thanks to YOU for listening!

The episode can be found here in the BGG database, through iTunes or Stitcher.com, or by following the link listed below.

http://drivethruvideos.com/wp-content/podcasts/LongView/Spac...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.