PQ-17: Arctic Naval Operations 1941-1943» Forums » General

Subject: v2.0 rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at the component list for the PQ-17 Norway expansion and it mentions "2nd Edition PQ-17 Rules booklet". Is this a rewritten rulebook? If so, can we get it NOW? I read the rulebook for PQ-17 in the past but it was so unintelligible for me that I gave up on buying the game. If there was a more accessible rulebook I might actually buy PQ-17 and - who knows - maybe order the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
The main page here has the link to the publisher's page with all of the updated rules: http://www.gmtgames.com/p-126-pq-17.aspx

Latest updated rules are also posted in the Files section here, but the latest updated playbook isn't in the Files section.

This is not a 2nd edition rulebook per se, but I don't think that there are going to be vast changes.

The real problem in understanding the game is how things weave together. The extended example of play (which is really, really comprehensive) makes things pretty clear. Once you've read that, the rulebook is more of a reference and the organization that seems weird at first makes a lot more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
Is this a rewritten rulebook?

Yes.

Quote:
If so, can we get it NOW?

No, it's still a work in progress as long as the Norway 1940 testing continues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris. I'll be waiting for Norway and reconsider buying PQ-17 once the expansion is out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Ovcharenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't strict order of example set up. And it's a trouble for me to follow actions of this example.

There are options to place ships or planes in several locations on player's choice. And newbie should realise where units were placed by writer of this example.

I'd prefer to be engaged in actual scenario from its start and didn't "investigated" of the starting locations of units.
It's just my 2 cents to the topic.

I'm at the beginning but I fall in love with this game series.
Expansion preordered.
Awaiting for Mediterranean operations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.