Hide
2 Posts

Ascension: Darkness Unleashed» Forums » Rules

Subject: When does Energize Ability Trigger rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MushroomHunter
msg tools
I just posted a question about transform cards, but based on the replies I'm starting to question my interpretation of Energize in general. I have been playing such that if I play a Hero that has an Energize clause that isn't satisfied -- but then play shards that meet the threshold -- that Energize ability is triggered. Is this correct, or does an Energize ability of a card only trigger when it's played?

Regardless of the above, I'm assuming constructs' Energize abilities can trigger at any point in the turn once the Energy threshold is met. Is this also correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malkneil wrote:
I just posted a question about transform cards, but based on the replies I'm starting to question my interpretation of Energize in general. I have been playing such that if I play a Hero that has an Energize clause that isn't satisfied -- but then play shards that meet the threshold -- that Energize ability is triggered. Is this correct, or does an Energize ability of a card only trigger when it's played?

Regardless of the above, I'm assuming constructs' Energize abilities can trigger at any point in the turn once the Energy threshold is met. Is this also correct?

Thanks!
Same response here. Only transform condition for heroes only checked at time you play it. For Monsters, at the time you defeat them (if any conditions... the one in DU you transform when you defeat it). Constructs, as you play them, or if it's in play, it gets transformed when the condition is met.

I'll add I can also back up from the iOS version of the rulebook, having reminded myself in that other thread that the rulebook is now accessible...

Quote:
If you would play a card with Transform after meeting its Energize threshold, you instead Transform the card into the new version and put that card into your hand. don't generate any effects of the original card, not also considered being played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.