BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Hatfields vs McCoys - Dueling Werewolf! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Dueling Werewolf!

Teams are broken up by Team Hatfield and Team McCoy. There is no Good and Evil. Well, unless you just want to call the other team Evil.

Each Team will have the following roles:

Max: The Clan Leader
- Knows all members of his clan
- If there are enough players to allow for night kills, then each Max will be given a Night Kill ability
- Invulnerable / Mod-Confirmed as a Clan Leader (but not which)
(think the Avatars from that series)

Primary:
- Views for Opposing Team
- Given N0 of 10% of Same Team
- Tough

Secondary:
- Tough
- Brutal (Mandatory)

Clan Members:
Clan members will be broken up into groups of 2-4. Each group will be given a mason chat.
A large portion of the clan members will be given optional brutals
A small portion of the clan members will be given toughs
All Clan members start the game with a vote strength of 0-2 and a vote count of 0-2 / these numbers will NOT change over the course of the game. Players will be informed of these numbers in their mod chat.

Victory Conditions:
The game ends when the game gets to three players (two Max's and one other player). The team with two players wins. If the game gets down to just the two Max's, then everyone wins. Or loses, I guess.

Brutal Rules:

The brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions. The brutals will never be random (except in the case of the Secondary, whose brutal is mandatory - if no order is placed on that role, the brutal will be Random). If brutals are aimed at a player who is already dying in that action, then the brutal will not shoot at another person. If there is no brutal order, then no brutal will fire (except as listed above).

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes (including voting strength) is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 4:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Night Orders:

The only applicable Night Orders for this game are: View for Opposing Team and Night Kill. Night Kill will only be available if there are 20 people or more in the game. All relevant players must submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 5:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System. Because orders are valid through :00, dawn itself will not be posted until after :01. Please remember that patience is a virtue.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Role Reveal:

All roles will be revealed on death (regardless of method)(Full Role Reveal).

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate at least once during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Please do not sign up for the game if you do not plan on being an active player. Thank you.
You are also required to show a proof of life prior to "12 hours before first dusk".
Please note that these are "bare minimums". The moderator has the right to hit the replace button in spite of your meeting the "one post per day" guideline if you are unresponsive to geekmails / modchat queries. This will not be done capriciously and will only be done after consultation with outside parties, to ensure objectivity.
Note that if I replace you due to lack of activity, I will not let you back into one of my Hi games until you can show in another game that you are willing to be an active member of the Village.

Please don't post after the Dusk/Dawn deadline, even if the mod has not told you to stop posting. Warnings will be given for first offences, but repeated offences might have consequences.

Making out-of-game promises to other players in order to influence their actions in a game is against the rules, so is quoting something told to you by the moderator directly from your hidden modchat, unless the rules of a game specifically say otherwise or the moderator has given you explicit permission. Paraphrasing such things is usually allowed.

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will merit a modkill. Granted, this is subjective, so I will always get a second opinion before acting. Regardless, I'm tired of the hostility and the occasional attitude.
Police yourselves, please.

META RULES:

1. I will allow players to geekmail me before the game and request a role. They can do this by requesting a specific role, an alignment or "anything but".
2. Editing posts is discouraged, but in most cases, it will not elicit anything other than a "tsk, tsk" from another player. However, if you [vote nightfall] and then edit your post to cancel that vote, you will be modkilled. There are no second chances.
3. Deleting posts is considered very poor form. Unless you are deleting one of two identical posts, just let it go.
4. If you post game-changing information after the dusk/dawn time - for example, seer views, fake seer views, sorcerer views - you and a random member of your team will be modkilled. This is not negotiable.
A. This does not require the moderator to say "No posting." If dusk is at 4:00 and you post something that reflects 4:01, you are late.
B. If the moderator posts "No posting" at 4:00:15 and you post at 4:00:20, you have still posted after the no posting rule.
Accidentally continuing a conversation / posting a silly comment after the moderator has posted 'No posting' will not warrant any punishment (unless it is game-changing or repetitive).
It is YOUR responsibility to monitor for dusk/dawn.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 4:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 5:00 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This game will start in August 2015, unless the player count hits 20, and then we'll adjust the start date.

As an FYI, here's Snaak's "Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!" (now maintained by PeteVasi).

Here is a Dictionary of terms that are used often in our BGG WW games: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Dictionary

Here is a (not all-inclusive) list of Roles that are commonly used here on the Geek: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Role_List

BoardGameGeek and thecassandraproject both base their time functions on THIS server:
http://us.pool.ntp.org/
It doesn't account for your personal delay in posting, but it will help show you what time it is in BGG-land. Use the information as you will. (Basically, sniping is not forbidden, but if you mess it up, your team will suffer.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Re: Hatfields vs McCoys
For consideration:

TheSparky wrote:

ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Something I noticed about our community is that many of us have high ranking poster microbadges: mb mb mb mb

And some of us have these: mb mb mb

And some even have this: mb

But few of us have this: mb

This doesn't need to be.

------

I would like to encourage everyone to use mb more.

I know that we don't like to use it while in the midst of a game, but there is no reason why a game thread that has over 60 players only has 29 mb. (I'm looking at you, Massacre).

Thumbs cost us nothing, and are a great way to say, "Thank you!" or "Great Addition to our community!" or even just "Hey, I hear you bro!"

So here is my mb challenge:

devil Every game should have at least the number of mb as there are players.
ninja Any game you read and enjoy should also receive your mb.
zombie Any non in game post that you enjoy, gets your mb of approval.

We're a really supportive community. While I know we are not the For the Love forums, we can at least show the support we actually have.

In other words, read the Wolfie thread and don't be stingy with your thumbs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Want to join other games?
Here's my most recent advertising post.

I plan on including flavor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Amekins
AnneAa
Smugvid
Takitti
TFang

5 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1255...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Truth takes time.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra to celebrate my birthday with a Brutalpalooza.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed didn't sign up on Cassandra, maybe stick to the HI games until I 'learn the ropes'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
feenix1363 wrote:
I just signed didn't sign up on Cassandra, maybe stick to the HI games until I 'learn the ropes'.
Game is not starting for 8 months. LOL. Come back when you're ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of me on each side? I'm game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Dork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:

0 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1255750

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.