Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It will add so much more value to the Saipan game, that I highly recommend it, if you are enjoying Saipan that is! Here is what the Marianas supplement adds to Saipan:

Panzer Grenadier: Marianas 1944 is an expansion book for Saipan 1944, studying the battles for Guam and Tinian in 30 new scenarios. Ten of them take place on Tinian, and twenty on Guam – one from the 1941 Japanese invasion, and the other 19 from the 1944 American assault.

Everything you need to play all 30 scenarios is included with this book and the boxed game Saipan 1944 - no other games or supplements are needed to play any of the 30 scenarios.

Marianas 1944 includes two new maps by Guy Riessen – numbers 100 and 101 as Panzer Grenadier’s map collection bursts into the triple digits. These are used with the four maps from Saipan 1944 for the book’s 30 new scenarios, but are fully compatible with other Panzer Grenadier maps.

There are also 24 new laser-cut, scorchless and sootless playing pieces featuring additional unit types: Japanese truck-mounted anti-tank guns and heavy coastal artillery, Marine flame-throwing Sherman tanks and the entire Guamanian order of battle for World War II.

Disclaimer, I am the designer of both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably put a disclaimer on this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I intend to get it, and several others too, just as soon as those horrible supper-thick counters go away. I might even join the Gold Club again after it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have enjoyed 15 of the 30 scenarios so far. For some reason, I got hooked on the Marianas scenarios and now need to get caught up with the Saipan scenarios. The shorter scenarios are easy to set up and work well for lunchtime play at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
plloyd1010 wrote:
Oh, I intend to get it, and several others too, just as soon as those horrible supper-thick counters go away. I might even join the Gold Club again after it happens.

Aren't the super-thick counters already gone? I know AVP is no longer using those, and the print runs are so tiny there shouldn't be a problem with existing stock. Maybe ask to be sure on CSW though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sprydle wrote:
Aren't the super-thick counters already gone? I know AVP is no longer using those, and the print runs are so tiny there shouldn't be a problem with existing stock. Maybe ask to be sure on CSW though

The last 2 games I got, Burning Tigers & Saipan, were new prints this summer. Both had thick counters. On the other hand the Morocain Division counters that came with the shipment were very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the die-cut counters are now in all new versions of Saipan, which I am happy about. The laser ones were ok but I prefer the standard die-cut counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.