Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Love Letter and I love it! I want to get 2 Lost Legacy sets so I can play with up to 6 players.

I would like to know which sets are the best in your opinion, both single and combined.

Thanks!

PS: I seem to rememeber Tom Vasel recommending one set recently, does anyone know which one it is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ask this question in the Lost Legacy forums you'll likely get more responses from people who have played those games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The Starship set is the "base" set that was available first in the UK.
It features a little player elimination (but not as much as Love Letter does), and a little interaction with the Ruins (discard area). I see it as a kind of halfway-house between what Lost Legacy should be, and what people were expecting after playing Love Letter. It's a bit of a washout on it's own unfortunately, but some of the cards' abilities are sublime.

Flying Garden really ups the game play, setting itself apart from Love Letter completely. There's a lot more interaction with the Ruins, and the Investigation Phase at the end of the game starts to properly shine through. Keeping a track of people's hands becomes a very real (yet challenging) requirement. This combined with The Starship plays so much better than either individually.

I wish I could comment on more of the sets, but no others are available at my FLGS yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:

I wish I could comment on more of the sets, but no others are available at my FLGS yet!

Do you know how many sets are ultimately planned for release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I believe Whitegold Spire is going to be the third and final Lost Legacy set sold by Alderac with the "western world" artwork and packaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
I believe Whitegold Spire is going to be the third and final Lost Legacy set sold by Alderac with the "western world" artwork and packaging.

Why final? Did they make an announcement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Pickering
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Whitegold Spire is the final one, unless a recent announcement was made.

See this video from BGG at Gen Con. The guy from AEG mentions "2 more in development" after the 3rd set.
http://youtu.be/_KE26eHJ4Hg?t=3m35s

edit: updated link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
raptors wrote:
I don't think Whitegold Spire is the final one, unless a recent announcement was made.

See this video from BGG at Gen Con. The guy from AEG mentions "2 more in development" after the 3rd set.
http://youtu.be/_KE26eHJ4Hg?t=3m35s

edit: updated link

That's great! I really hope they make Grail and Orb of selection as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.