Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Silver
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, does anyone get the rules for this game? I have read them five times by now, and I still don't get the game. At all. I'm sorry to say the rules are VERY incomprehensible. Here are some examples:

- when marshalling, do you put every unit face down in front of you if you wish to use it in the same battle, and then turn them face up only if you want to use them in this particular phase of the battle (and have the resources for)?

- when in teams (4- players), do you attack as ONE single army against one other, or 4 armies in ranged order?

- Combination Jehra and Zarkendra: to activate Jehra, I destroy Zarkendra, thereby destroying all the active units in the opponent's army. Instant win for me, as Jehra does massive damage? I did that twice and had no fun winning in this manner...

- Is a "turn" the complete war on a certain card (for example: prime sea) or just one battle?

- What's the use for the three little boards with the red and the blue numbers? To keep track of your "hit points?" if so: why does it go to 100?

- every time a side wins, do they destroy ALL enemy units, every time?

- Imagine there are 4 battles on a certain card (for example: sea) and player A wins the first two. Is there ANY possible way for player B to even get close to winning now, as they will have to face incredible odds?

- What's the use of marshalling units you cannot use in that battle? For example: marshalling sea cards in a space battle.

- do you play support cards directly from your hand when you want, or do they get put with marshalled units?

That's our questions so far, after trying to play about four times. I hope someone can help or we will give up on this game. Kinda wish I asked at the booth in Essen, but I mistakenly bought this one in another booth and missed the promo card :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
- when marshalling, do you put every unit face down in front of you if you wish to use it in the same battle, and then turn them face up only if you want to use them in this particular phase of the battle (and have the resources for)? Yes. When you discover the location card you marshal all unit cards you would like to use covered on the battlefield. You can marshal only once until the end of the entire battle (the sum of all turns). Then you can activate units at the beginning of each turn together with the opponent, according to the resources' limit.

- when in teams (4- players), do you attack as ONE single army against one other, or 4 armies in ranged order? Yes, only one army. You can have command points in common for each faction and you can join all your units in a single army. The resources' limit is naturally for each player.

- Combination Jehra and Zarkendra: to activate Jehra, I destroy Zarkendra, thereby destroying all the active units in the opponent's army. Instant win for me, as Jehra does massive damage? I did that twice and had no fun winning in this manner... When Zarkendra is destroyed, she destroys all active units in the opponent's army, but she doesn't cause damage to the opponent player. Destroying units is one issue, causing damage to the opponent is another one.

- Is a "turn" the complete war on a certain card (for example: prime sea) or just one battle? A battle is divided into a certain number of turns, indicated on the location card.

- What's the use for the three little boards with the red and the blue numbers? To keep track of your "hit points?" if so: why does it go to 100? Yes, you can track your command points: red for tens blue for units. When u play 1 vs 1 you may use 20-30 command points, when you play in team is better if you raise up your limit.

- every time a side wins, do they destroy ALL enemy units, every time? Every time your army, that is the sum of your active units, destroys the opponent's army, all his active units are destroyed, but the next turn the opponent could activate new marshalled units according to the resources' limit indicated on the location card, that generally grows up.

- Imagine there are 4 battles on a certain card (for example: sea) and player A wins the first two. Is there ANY possible way for player B to even get close to winning now, as they will have to face incredible odds? It depends on strategies of both players. And it depends also on the marshalled units that you still can activate. There are cases where in the first turns I activate less units to leave the best combos in the last ones when I have many resources at disposal. Anyway, remember that you can always surrender at the end of any turn, twice per game.

- What's the use of marshalling units you cannot use in that battle? For example: marshalling sea cards in a space battle. You can bluff marshalling units that you cannot use in this battle, just to scare the opponent and maybe convince him to surrender.

- do you play support cards directly from your hand when you want, or do they get put with marshalled units? You can play support cards ONLY from your hand since the activation until the end of the turn.

It's a particular new mechanism, I can understand that at the beginning is not easy to understand, but you will notice the wide range of possibilities you can do with all cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Silver
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the swift reply. It's a lot clearer now, and I see new possibilities. I'm sure these answers will make the game more fun, and we'll try it again next week, with 4 players instead of just 2 today.

I hope you don't mind watching this thread, as I think we might have more questions later (sorry about that).

One previous question was misunderstood, I think: Combination Jehra and Zarkendra: to activate Jehra, I destroy Zarkendra, thereby destroying all the active units in the opponent's army. Instant win for me, as Jehra does massive damage?

What I meant with this was: is it correct I can destroy Zarkendra to activate Jehra, thereby destroying all the opponent's active units with Zarkendra's power, and then still attack with Jehra (and possible other units I still have)? That combination is insanely powerful and is almost a guaranteed win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thank you very much and don't worry, I'm watching constantly this thread 'cause I can understand that at the beginning players will need several explanations laugh

The combination Jehrah + Zarkendra is correct and very powerful but it's not the only possibility, and moreover it's not insane 'cause the opponents can counter this effect (and you lose your leader):
e.i. - Numans have supports like Medicbot that can avoid the destruction of a unit, or the leader Molly Dunbar avoid the destruction of all his units unless you suffer at least 2 damages. Numans have also the Dome to avoid the destruction of another unit, and so on.

Slurrs, on the contrary, have supports like Tribe recall that allow to activate a unit in a second moment, so if you remain without active units you can activate a marshalled unit, and so on.

Uthrons in general have combos that destroy themselves to empower other units or to cause great troubles to the opponent's army, but nothing can guarantee the win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n n
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have some questions about Everzone.

If you Veil plays and Veil survives the fight.You may then use this skill again in the next turn?

When you play a support card. then once you use the skill.or you may use this skill in the following turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
I still have some questions about Everzone.

If you Veil plays and Veil survives the fight.You may then use this skill again in the next turn? In general all skills (units) and effects (supports) can be used only once after the card activation and only if the card is active, unless the effect doesn't expire, like for instance "if your army attacks first x gets +x attack). There are also skills and effects that don't expire even if the card is no more active (e.i. Hilga - the promo card or Digger). Naturally if your active unit is marshalled or deactivated, and then reactivated, you can use his skill again.

When you play a support card. then once you use the skill.or you may use this skill in the following turn. In general you play support cards from your hand to change some situation instantly, so probably you won't need to play a card - like a surprise for the opponent - to use its effect the next turn. Also because you have a play limit of one support card per turn, so if you wait for the next turn you can play up to 2 supports. Anyway, if on card it is written "you can..." then you can decide whether using the effect or not, otherwise the effect starts when card is activated.

I hope I solved some of your doubts.
For any other questions, please don't hesitate. I will respond ASAP!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Sorry, in this case Veil's skill can be used only once. In other words, you can cancel only another skill. The skill is canceled as long as Veil is active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n n
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurst
msg tools
Hi, I have a question as well.
When you play a support card, the manual states, that you can leave it in play for several rounds. But do you need to pay the activation cost of the support card each turn as you would for units?

Thanks in advance
cha0s22

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
When you play a support card, the manual states, that you can leave it in play for several rounds. But do you need to pay the activation cost of the support card each turn as you would for units? Yes, even if resources must not be considered as a cost, more like slots that can be occupied by units and supports each turn. Supports can remain in play according to player's will, even if their effect has expired, 'cause maybe there can be unit's skills (like CBL or Lak) that exploit the presence of supports on the battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurst
msg tools
Ok thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurst
msg tools
Hi, few more questions ...
1)
The manual states, that when I surrender I take half of the unmodified damage of the opposing army. But what exactly is the unmodified damage? Is it only the sum of the damage points listed on each unit or does it include unit effects, too? What is with damage added to the army from support cards? I assume that would be modified damage?

2)
Let's think of a scenario where I have Molly Dunbar as my unit leader (active on the field) and the opposing army would destroy all my units plus give me 3 damage total. Can I surrender to reduce the total damage to 1 in order to save my army from destruction (by using Molly Dunbar's effect)?

3)
The card "Quantum Mortis" states "Destroy this card and an active support card of your choice". Destroying a unit means putting it on the fallen pile, right? So destroying a support card puts it there as well?

4)
Can I play a support card even if the text on it does not apply to the current situation (therefore of course has no effect) in order to use a unit's effect that needs to discard an active support card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Hi, few more questions ...
1)
The manual states, that when I surrender I take half of the unmodified damage of the opposing army. But what exactly is the unmodified damage? Is it only the sum of the damage points listed on each unit or does it include unit effects, too? What is with damage added to the army from support cards? I assume that would be modified damage? When you surrender you suffer a quantity of damage equal to the half of attack of the opponent's army, rounded by default. Consider only the basic value of the opponent's attack, that means with no modification or alteration by skills or effects.

2)
Let's think of a scenario where I have Molly Dunbar as my unit leader (active on the field) and the opposing army would destroy all my units plus give me 3 damage total. Can I surrender to reduce the total damage to 1 in order to save my army from destruction (by using Molly Dunbar's effect)? You can surrender only at the end of a combat turn, so after a challenge. You cannot save Molly in this case.

3)
The card "Quantum Mortis" states "Destroy this card and an active support card of your choice". Destroying a unit means putting it on the fallen pile, right? So destroying a support card puts it there as well? Yes, destroyed cards go to the fallen pile.

4)
Can I play a support card even if the text on it does not apply to the current situation (therefore of course has no effect) in order to use a unit's effect that needs to discard an active support card? Yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurst
msg tools
Ah ok! thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal vE
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

so ill try my luck and ask some basics, too^^.

1) Scoreboards; we mark the 10, 20 or 30 points for determining the length of the game and decrease down to 0 'til losing the game. So every hit the player receives will be shown on this board and the player gets hit for every attack his/her army cant prevent? (e.g. attacker has 44 attack-strength, defender has 38 defending-strength (armor?), so the player gets hit for 6 points and decreases the marker on his/her board by 6 (lets say from 30 starting points to 24)?)

2) Locationcards; the manual states to prepare the game, EVERY player chooses 3 location cards - ALONG WITH ht prime cards (eart, sea, space). so, that means to me: 4 players: 4x3 = 12 cards PLUS (along with (all)!) the prime cards = 12+12 or if only taking one of each prime card, still 15 cards. how to get to the sum of 9 cards, as stated in the manual? this seem only to work with the 3-player-rule, when only using non-prime-cards.

3) amount of turns vs. marshalling; a location is as long the show-place of a battle, as there are those (light-yellow) energy-token-symbols shown on the card? E.g. a normal space shows only 1 such symbol on the left with the value of 45, so its ONE turn and the resources are "45" // a prime earth shows 4 such symbols on the left with values of 7, 14, 21, 30, so there'll be FOUR turns and each turn has the shown resource-value. so later turns provide more resources and therefore it makes sense to marhsal more units at the beginning of the battle, since they come in handy now (3rd, 4th turn)?!

4) losing a battle; and only at the end of the 4th turn in the above mentioned second case, all cards are going to the fallen-deckpile if you lose? or are the units beaten right in that turn they've lost a fight? but how to bring in new units then? you dont, right?

When retreating, you put all cards to the retreated-deckpile in the very moment you retreat (e.g. 2nd turn)? so, how to fight turn 3 and 4? you dont, so you retreat from the whole battle?!

Regarding 1) i need to mark the hits i took every turn on the scoreboard?

If i lose every activated unit in a turn, i might want not to activate any unit in a specific turn, so i can use it/them later on? So i forfeit somehow a turn to my opponent - am i allowed to do so? of course ill get the whole amount of attack as a hit on my scoreboard, since nothing stands in the way^^.

In case of a win, the activated units stay alive and therefore fight with any new acitvated unit alongside in the next turn, right? so more fightpower's available^^. but the manual states you cant activate any more units later on, you have to activate all in the very first turn of a battle. this doesnt make sense to me, since a 4-turn-battle for example mostly has less resources available in the first 2 turns, so you cant ever activate all needed (3rd, 4th turn would make it possible with more resources) units, because of the resource-restrictions of the locations turn.
e.g. resources per turn 10, 15, 20, 40....id love to put in some big units and support-cards for the 4th turn, but couldnt activate them in the 1st turn, so i wont be able to use them at all (in the 4th)! - ????

5) race-tokens; what are they for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Hi

so ill try my luck and ask some basics, too^^.

1) Scoreboards; we mark the 10, 20 or 30 points for determining the length of the game and decrease down to 0 'til losing the game. So every hit the player receives will be shown on this board and the player gets hit for every attack his/her army cant prevent? (e.g. attacker has 44 attack-strength, defender has 38 defending-strength (armor?), so the player gets hit for 6 points and decreases the marker on his/her board by 6 (lets say from 30 starting points to 24)?)yes, exactly. Red markers are for tens, blue for units.

2) Locationcards; the manual states to prepare the game, EVERY player chooses 3 location cards - ALONG WITH ht prime cards (eart, sea, space). so, that means to me: 4 players: 4x3 = 12 cards PLUS (along with (all)!) the prime cards = 12 or if only taking one of each prime card, still 15 cards. how to get to the sum of 9 cards, as stated in the manual? this seem only to work with the 3-player-rule, when only using non-prime-cards. Each game is played with an amount of 9 locations, 3 prime locations (prime earth, prime sea and prime space) and 3 chosen by each player or faction (if played 2-vs-2 or 3-vs-3). Games with 3 players are played always with 9 locations, but each player chooses 3 locations with no obligation to use the prime ones.

3) amount of turns vs. marshalling; a location is as long the show-place of a battle, as there are those (light-yellow) energy-token-symbols shown on the card? E.g. a normal space shows only 1 such symbol on the left with the value of 45, so its ONE turn and the resources are "45" // a prime earth shows 4 such symbols on the left with values of 7, 14, 21, 30, so there'll be FOUR turns and each turn has the shown resource-value. so later turns provide more resources and therefore it makes sense to marhsal more units at the beginning of the battle, since they come in handy now (3rd, 4th turn)?! Yes, exactly. You can marshal units only once before the battle, so it's better to marshal enough units to activate each turn according to the resources provided and to the possibility to lose units during each clash.

4) losing a battle; and only at the end of the 4th turn in the above mentioned second case, all cards are going to the fallen-deckpile if you lose? No or are the units beaten right in that turn they've lost a fight? but how to bring in new units then? you dont, right? When you lose a clash, all your active units are destroyed, so they are put on the fallen pile. The next turn you can activate new units among those marshalled before on your battlefield.

When retreating, you put all cards to the retreated-deckpile in the very moment you retreat (e.g. 2nd turn)? so, how to fight turn 3 and 4? you dont, so you retreat from the whole battle?! The retreat phase happens only at the end of the last battle turn. Each player can decide to surrender at the end of any turn and passing directly to the retreat phase, but it's an exception that can happen only twice per game.

Regarding 1) i need to mark the hits i took every turn on the scoreboard? Yes

If i lose every activated unit in a turn, i might want not to activate any unit in a specific turn, so i can use it/them later on? So i forfeit somehow a turn to my opponent - am i allowed to do so? of course ill get the whole amount of attack as a hit on my scoreboard, since nothing stands in the way^^. You can do what you want. You can decide even to not activate units during a turn, with the result to suffer the entire opponent's attack as damage to you.

In case of a win, the activated units stay alive and therefore fight with any new acitvated unit alongside in the next turn, right? Yes so more fightpower's available^^. but the manual states you cant activate any more units later on, you have to activate all in the very first turn of a battle. Manual doesn't state this. You can activate units each turn, at the same time as the opponent. this doesnt make sense to me, since a 4-turn-battle for example mostly has less resources available in the first 2 turns, so you cant ever activate all needed (3rd, 4th turn would make it possible with more resources) units, because of the resource-restrictions of the locations turn.
e.g. resources per turn 10, 15, 20, 40....id love to put in some big units and support-cards for the 4th turn, but couldnt activate them in the 1st turn, so i wont be able to use them at all (in the 4th)! - ????

5) race-tokens; what are they for? For games with 3 players. I suggest to look at the FAQ document in pdf, that you find in download here in the BGG page of EverZone. You will find many more answers to most common doubts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal vE
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thx. for the help!

yuji tamiya wrote:

but the manual states you cant activate any more units later on, you have to activate all in the very first turn of a battle. Manual doesn't state this. You can activate units each turn, at the same time as the opponent.

yeah, this sentence got somewhat lost (for me) in the manual: "Each turn
is composed of the following actions:"^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
EverZone - Colony Assault is on kickstarter and Giochistarter. Join the campaign!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/510654531/everzone-colo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the player with less range fails to defend an attack and therefore loses all their units, can they (A) IMMEDIATELY activate unactivated units so long as the newly activated units' cost does not exceed the resource limit of the location (per the understanding that the resource limit is the total cost that can be activated at any given moment in the turn); OR (B) IMMEDIATELY activated unactivated units so long as the newly activated units cost PLUS THE COST OF THE UNITS THAT WERE ALREADY ACTIVATED AND HAVE JUST BEEN ELIMINATED do not exceed the resource limit of the location (per the understanding that the resource limit is the total cost that can be activated over the course of the whole turn); OR (C) not activate anything else until the next turn, because units can only be activated during the Activation/Deactivation step of the following turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Hello, A is the correct answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.