Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Mythotopia» Forums » General

Subject: Limited edition wood pieces, but not for you peasants. No wood for you! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not true. You can purchase the limited edition via Coolstuff:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/208076

For what it is worth, a number of people have said they prefer the cardboard components instead of the wooden components for Mythotopia. And, in the future, you could promote yourself from peasant to whatever by subscribing if wood is so darn important to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
emuldoon wrote:
Martin Wallace and co have decided to only offer real components to a select few and not to the plebs, even if they are willing to pay a reasonable price. So I say .&$@ on you Wallace. My friend and I enjoyed burning Wallenstein on the Bon fire last night. Won't be buying you crap again.
Well that's just crass abuse. Grow up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
emuldoon wrote:
Martin Wallace and co have decided to only offer real components to a select few and not to the plebs, even if they are willing to pay a reasonable price. So I say .&$@ on you Wallace. My friend and I enjoyed burning Wallenstein on the Bon fire last night. Won't be buying you crap again.

This Wallenstein (first edition)?

Or this Wallenstein (second edition)?

Since both are by Dirk Henn, I'm curious why you'd be torching either since your pique is directed at Martin Wallace...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emuldoon wrote:

I've seen this sentiment a lot recently and I'm confused. You CAN pay a reasonable price and pre-order the game right now at CSI with the wooden pieces. Or you could have purchased the subscription for the 3 games at a reduced price; it wasn't like the barrier to entry was high, there wasn't a test to take and you didn't have to be royalty, and the price was expensive only because you're getting 3 games so it isn't like you were getting ripped off. Anyway, the game functions exactly the same whether it is with wooden pieces or cardboard pieces. It isn't like you're missing out on any of the game with the cardboard; the game is identical.

And ffs, if you're upset that Wallace would do this, I'm assuming you care about Wallace's games. As a fan of Wallace's games, you should realize he doesn't exactly have a reputation for stunning aesthetics. If you're getting into his games because they look nice you're in it for the wrong reasons.

More than that, getting upset because a designer is giving you the option to purchase a game with wooden pieces or cardboard is ridiculous.

And finally, did Wallenstein have anything to do with Martin Wallace? I'm fairly certain it didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
emuldoon wrote:

Since both are by Dirk Henn, I'm curious why you'd be torching either since your pique is directed at Martin Wallace...

It must be a cultural thing. Whenever something pisses me off I burn a copy of Smash Up. To each their own I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottatlaw wrote:
fnord23 wrote:
emuldoon wrote:

It must be a cultural thing. Whenever something pisses me off I burn a copy of Smash Up. To each their own I suppose.

I punch a baby and collect a single tear. I plan on making Rage Soup someday soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
emuldoon wrote:
Won't be buying you crap again.

I guess he will be thankful that you won't buy crap for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral H_Nelson
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks now I know where to get the pieces. Saying stupid stuff is the best way to get help I find. Otherwise people will move on and not help. But if they get a chance to put me in my place... TX group for proving once again the path of least resistance is to spew stupid American crap out of my mouth to save the research. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emuldoon wrote:
Saying stupid stuff is the best way to get help I find. Otherwise people will move on and not help.

You've been a member since 2010 and that's really what you think? As long as I've been coming to this site I've found the members are happy to go out of their way to help each other out whenever they can. That folks will still help out when others are rude and abusive only speaks to the patience the members of this site show every single day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
emuldoon wrote:
thanks now I know where to get the pieces. Saying stupid stuff is the best way to get help I find. Otherwise people will move on and not help. But if they get a chance to put me in my place... TX group for proving once again the path of least resistance is to spew stupid American crap out of my mouth to save the research. Cheers

I'm not sure you got the help you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
emuldoon wrote:

Quoted for posterity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nomoredroids wrote:
emuldoon wrote:

I've seen this sentiment a lot recently and I'm confused. You CAN pay a reasonable price and pre-order the game right now at CSI with the wooden pieces. Or you could have purchased the subscription for the 3 games at a reduced price; it wasn't like the barrier to entry was high, there wasn't a test to take and you didn't have to be royalty, and the price was expensive only because you're getting 3 games so it isn't like you were getting ripped off. Anyway, the game functions exactly the same whether it is with wooden pieces or cardboard pieces. It isn't like you're missing out on any of the game with the cardboard; the game is identical.

And ffs, if you're upset that Wallace would do this, I'm assuming you care about Wallace's games. As a fan of Wallace's games, you should realize he doesn't exactly have a reputation for stunning aesthetics. If you're getting into his games because they look nice you're in it for the wrong reasons.

More than that, getting upset because a designer is giving you the option to purchase a game with wooden pieces or cardboard is ridiculous.

And finally, did Wallenstein have anything to do with Martin Wallace? I'm fairly certain it didn't.

I'm curious how you calculate the subscription came at a reduced cost. I'm not complaining as I subscribed thinking it would get a larger % of my cash in the designer's pocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My subscription was $260 NZD, I think it was $210(ish) USD at the time.
Probably about the same as CSI's price. I agree that getting Treefrog the cash is better, particularly if it keeps the subscription program alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.