Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... said to include all known errata to date. Updated scenario book to come. A version 2.0, based in part from feedback to this new 1.1, should be expected in the future.

EDIT: Link is

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/58/CategoryID/9/Prod...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chandler
Arizona (AZ)
flag msg tools
Gott Mit Uns!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Am EXCITED!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha - beat me to it!!

Here's the announcement:

Hey folks - we just posted up the War of the Suns rules version 1.1 on the MMP page in the IGS support section.

This has all known errata updated in the set. I'm awaiting feedback on them and am at the ready on the WotS folder to help out on anywhere you have trouble. I'm likely to post a more comprehensive update on the rules (v2.0) but am awaiting feedback. So break the game back out and let me know if you have a problem on something.

I'll know to fix it.

The Scenario Book update is coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Nice. Thanks. This could allow this game to achieve its potential!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update on the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Nice. Thanks. This could allow this game to achieve its potential!

Agreed. Big game, relatively untouched (wargaming) topic, lots of choices, lots of internal politics - a diamond in the rough. Hope the updated rules really put the polish on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. A big thanks for everyone who has been involved in this worthy project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
adamant wrote:
Ha - beat me to it!!

Here's the announcement:

Hey folks - we just posted up the War of the Suns rules version 1.1 on the MMP page in the IGS support section.

This has all known errata updated in the set. I'm awaiting feedback on them and am at the ready on the WotS folder to help out on anywhere you have trouble. I'm likely to post a more comprehensive update on the rules (v2.0) but am awaiting feedback. So break the game back out and let me know if you have a problem on something.

I'll know to fix it.

The Scenario Book update is coming soon.

Great, thanks! Having looked the revised rule book over, one thing I'll note that should be corrected in the revised Scenario Book and any future versions of the rule book is to update the copyright date appropriately. (The v1.5 rule book still says that it is copyrighted 2013.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
That should aid playability! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan white
United States
Duncanville
Texas
flag msg tools
There was a long string, now apparently taken down, discussing the problems of the original rule book and calling MMP to task about the delay in addressing problems with the rules, etc (it's taken over a year from the release of the game for MMP to address them.)As someone who has bought the game (for a lot more than I'd normally spend on a game) but who hasn't't tried it yet, I'd like to know what the players say about this new version? Are there any After Action Reports on the web I could read? I'm definitely not a troll or a hater-MMP or GMT are about the only people I buy games from, because their quality is usually pretty much beyond reproach. But I was very disturbed by some of the folks who worked on the game's replies to one of the commentators.

Having said that, obviously I'm pleased to see things moving and I'd love to see this game become a classic. Can anyone tell me what they think about the progress that's been made?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Brezina
Czech Republic
Brno
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Are the new rules available? And the scenario update? Or should I just start studying the 1.1 rulebook? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Bales

Indiana
msg tools
mb
The link reads 1.1. At MMP the rulebook is numbered 1.5. I assume they're one and the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.