Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Wuthe
Germany
Pfungstadt-Eschollbrücken
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is, are units eligible to move in BOTH movement phases or just in one phase? The standard rules states clearly, that mobile units can move in either one phase. The exclusive rules say, that all units may move in the mobile phase, but doesn't explain how to handle these two phases... Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my playings of the game, I'm pretty sure this is the intent:

All US units can move and attack in both phases.
In the Mobile phase, treat it as though it was stormy weather: movement is halved.
You also may not place artillery tokens to support your attacks in the Mobile phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.

This game departs from the standard rules more than it adheres to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Wuthe
Germany
Pfungstadt-Eschollbrücken
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! This is how I thought, but because it's my first folio game to play, I wasn't sure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos de Andres
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
peterk1 wrote:

In the Mobile phase, treat it as though it was stormy weather: movement is halved.
You also may not place artillery tokens to support your attacks in the Mobile phase.

Hi, do you mean that any unit can move twice? First at full capacity and after that at half its capacity? And also that it can attack twice.

My understanting was that the US units were all mobiles and they could move eiter in the regular phase on in the mobile.

Thanks for your explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bozo G
Poland
London UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mag4x4 wrote:
peterk1 wrote:

Hi, do you mean that any unit can move twice? First at full capacity and after that at half its capacity? And also that it can attack twice.

My understanting was that the US units were all mobiles and they could move eiter in the regular phase on in the mobile.

Thanks for your explanation.

No, units cannot move twice. It is clear in main rulebook; only units which haven't move already can commit mobile movement, and your understanding about marines is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Whyte
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you are correct according to the rules.
But I don't think there is any way the US can win that way.
I play that all units can move in both movement phases (not just one of regular or mobile, but BOTH) and all units can attack in both combat phases (not just one of regular or mobile, but BOTH).
But moving in the mobile phase is only at half MA (i.e. 3MP for all Us units), and combat in the mobile combat phase is without the benefit of bombardment.

so: the US phases are:
- All US units may land or move 6 MP (3MP during storm)
- All US units can attack adjacent Jap units, with bomabardment
- All US units may land or move up to 3MP (clear or storm)
- All US units can attack adjacent Jap units, without bomabardment

Allow all US units to move and combat in both regular and 'mobile' phases, BUT treat all US units as 'leg' units in terms of 5.1.2 Infiltration (i.e. all US units can move directly from one EZOC to an adjacent EZOC but must end movement for the phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.