Clash of Cultures: Civilizations» Forums » General

Subject: So much stuff... my storage solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man... this game has so much stuff - especially with the expansion.

I never had a nice storage solution for the base game and wanted to do one for both right when I saw the announcement for the expansion.

Well, its done - but could be nicer

I worked under this preconditions:

I hate going to a game night with multiple boxes for one game, so I wanted to fit it all in one box.

I don't like using ziplock bags of any kind.

I sleeve all my cards and wanted them in tuckboxes, since my deckbox solution wouldn't work with the expansion taking up more space.

I wanted a nice player tray for every color, so everyone can get his/her stuff right out of the box and finds buildings/units easily when he/she needs them.

Compromises had to be made:

I'm using 2 small ziplock bags - one for the dice, one for the wonders.

For the wodden cubes I use some wonderful colored clothbags I got at the SPIEL. They come in all four colors and will hopefully help with wodden cubes flying all around when you try to get one of them out of a plastic box (this is how I stored them before). You can easily grab one out of the clothbag now when you need it.

I have a player tray for each color, but its not nice. Its just everything put into one big box. Without the expansion it might have worked - but with those big elephants and horses I couldn't make it work without abandoning my most important precondition: everything has to fit into the box of the base game.
The poor quality of the miniatures helps me not spending to much thought on how they are stored.

The box does not close completly. The lid is raised by 5mm. A compromise I never used before put made constructing the whole thing a LOT easier. Otherwise nothing would fit or I had to leave out the bottom foamcore - which I don't like to do when working with removable parts in the storage solution.

Enough talk, pictures!

*Edit* The playeraids are under the player trays by the way

Concerning the red army: I tried to be very carefull at the start and take my time. I abandoned that after the case colors and worked quick and dirty. If I have so much miniatures I don't minde them looking okayish. I don't need them to be perfect. There will be much stuff on the board and you will sit at least half a meter away and can't make out the imperfections unless looking for them. And as always: on the pictures they look way worse then they are
There are what - roughly 300 miniatures in this game? I want to play it at some point...

Maybe I will only color the red pieces and leave it sitting for a while. I do want to color my Armymals. With which I will take my time because there are fewer and bigger miniatures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice.

I have a request.
Can you share the tuck box files?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I don't know if I can do that since they use the original backcover art of the cards. Does anyone know about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Torala wrote:
Actually I don't know if I can do that since they use the original backcover art of the cards. Does anyone know about that?

I wouldn't want to cause problems.

So if not, not worries.

But they are well done.
Shane if you can't share them, if you felt inclined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.