Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Attendees: Michael Weston, Juile W, Todd G, Jerry R, Erin C, Susan T, A Guest, A Guest, A Guest

Games Played: Samurai, Guillotine, La Vallée des Mammouths, Trivial Pursuit

Summary:

Samurai

Played By: Michael W. Todd G. Jerry R. Susan T.

First game of the night with 3 new players and myself. I didn't even bother explaining the scoring - for our purposes it was enough to say "capture figures and we'll figure it out at the end."
Susan proved very adept, creating two memorable coups that together gave her the game. First she took advantage of an asmittedly dumb move on my part that allowed her to gain all 3 pieces from the capital city. Meanwhile, Todd had set up a nice position on the middle island where one space would gain him a Rice and a Buddha and no one could seemingly stop it. But he waited too long to make the play, being distracted in other areas. Susan played the "Figure Swap" and switched the 2 pieces, showing Todd's setup as the house of cards it was. She then played the a Samurai piece that gave her the 2 pieces instead.
Susan ended the game by taking the last Buddha before I could get in one more play that might have provided me the win. As it was, we had to go to the 3rd tie-break, as Susan and I both had 6 pieces in addition to our majority pieces, of which she had 5 while I only had 4. Jerry placed 4th due to not having a majority, despite having one more piece than Todd.
Winner(s): Susan T.
Finish: 1-Susan T. (11) 2-Michael W. (10) 3-Todd G. (7) 4-Jerry R. (8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.