I'm 61 and completely (almost) happy.

Pros

1. 16 month old grandson
2. Retired
3. Living in SW Michigan
4. Have a pension
5. A great marriage of 32 years
6. Two fantabulous sons and daughters-in-law

Did I mention my grandson (who lives 15 minutes away)?

Cons

1. Arthritis
2. Not much else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to be 28. That was 1992. I was one year into my first professional job working for a CPA firm. I had met a great group of people the year before and they are still my friends. We had many, many great times in 1992, some of them captured on videotape that I will soon convert to DVDs. I had great fun nearly every day that year. Great fun with great people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
I like where I am at now. I have it pretty darn good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming that's "with your current knowledge, at this current date", I'd be happy to be 21 again. I'm not yet 50 and I have plenty of age-related annoyances. That said, I'm not totally against being my age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could take some things with me, like maturity, knowledge, self control, wisdom, perspective, patience... sure it would be nice to be younger and have more life ahead of me, be able to recover from illness and injury faster and have more opportunities and free time.

But if I had to be immature and angsty and shortsighted, no way I would go back.

Well, I could go back to being 30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy where I am now (45), but late 20's or early 30's had their benefits too. Mostly that physically I gained strength and stamina easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mid twenties, just to be healthier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe mid-40's. That way, I'd have my wife, my games group, a pretty good job, sufficient maturity, and a few less aches and pains.

Of course, I like my current job more, I still have a great games group (and the same great wife), and I'd like to think I'm a better person now than I was then. Honestly, the only reason I'd probably choose the earlier me is that I'd pick up about a dozen years of increased life expectancy, which is no small thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
If I have to stay in 2014, I'm perfectly happy with my current age.

If I can pick a year and the age I was at the time (although not necessarily the exact life I was leading then), then I'd like another shot at being 23 in 1991.

If I can pick any age in any era... then it's 20 in the early 70s: Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wintz
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
427. No kiddin'.

I want to live forever . . . or die trying.

It will take at least that long to get through all my yet-unplayed games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quite fine with my mid thirties, but late twenties was a sweet spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jimbrax wrote:
I'm torn between 15 (1982) when I would have made better decisions about school, exams and degree choices that would vastly have improved my life and enjoyment of life as it is today.

It is an imperative that those poor decisions are made. It is part of growing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure 10 was the highlight of my life. It's all been downhill since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few points in my life that I'd like to see how a different decision would have played out, but I am mostly happy to be where I am.

Examples, staying in grad school after my masters and going into teaching or joining dot com instead of sticking with automotive.

However, for sheer physical reasons, being mid 20's would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
My age and wisdom are currently right where I like 'em. So no issues there.

I am sick of working for a living, though.
Retirement isn't an option right now but being any age where I don't have to work and I can spend time traveling-- that's the age that I want to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always figured I would enjoy retirement, but never guessed how much. With my grandson, fun is all I have these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea, I was too drunk to remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a good life - a job, a wife (who doesn't love me during BurrEato, as well as a few other times of the year), a child (who loves me but not as much as he loves his mother), a home, and my health more or less. Having said that, being ten or eleven was pretty awesome, although that's probably more due to wistful reminiscing rather than truth. I don't think I enjoyed life too much then, but knowing what I know now, I could use a dose of no responsibilities right now.

Mid-20s was pretty awesome too. Started off on my career, and all of a sudden, I had disposable income. Also, I didn't need to stretch to get out of bed, I could live on little sleep, and my hair was thicker.

Nevermind. I'm just going to stick with my current age. Really, the only thing I'm lacking is retirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ugh turn 40 this Nov.

5-6 = school is a breeze, summers off. No worries. Limitless energy. Ability to do completely stupid crazy shit and people play it off as you just being a kid. Playing with toys...in the dirt... All that good stuff...

70+ = one and only one easy reason...retirement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I always figured I would enjoy retirement, but never guessed how much. ...

I try to take good care of myself because this is my goal in life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im 40 and have it pretty good but if I could retain the knowledge I have now and go back to being 21, my God, it would be fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Nyberg
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also 40 and I'm quite content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some dude
Netherlands
Groningen
There dismay took them, for at the gate was a guard of whom no tidings had yet gone forth.
flag msg tools
Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth. There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him, and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.
badge
Then swiftly all his inwards were filled with a flame of anguish, and the Silmaril seared his accursed flesh. Howling he led before them, and the walls of the valley of the Gate echoes with the clamour of his torment.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to go back 20 years and try again. I was 15 then and I think that's when my struggles began.
I was having trouble getting through school and life because of depression, social anxiety and maybe a little autism. (I didn't know that at the time)
That didn't change when I went to college. It took me over 10 years to get through that. I never had a relationship or anything exciting happen.
Now I have a job I have trouble holding on to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I had my life now but could bump down my age then I'd like to be 27/28 probably.

As a sportsman, the march of time can be painful. I play cricket and am a fast bowler. At 33 this means that as the season wears on my right knee starts to give me gyp and even now in late October it hurts walking upstairs.

An extra 5/6 years of fitness and wear 'n tear but still old enough to be taken seriously as a "proper" adult....That'd do me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Ann Harrison
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 40. When I turned 30, I got really depressed about "getting old". But, it turns out that life seems to get better the older you get. Who knew? Sure there is some physical deterioration, but that is offset by having more money, cooler stuff, a family that you created yourself, autonomy, etc. I'm pretty content with my current age, but being retired would be even better. So, I'm going to vote for 60 (my target retirement age).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.