Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do think about Herald in this expansion? Do you like it or not? Does he is really destroys the expansions theme because of his curse for obtain Exhibit items? Does the expansion really better without him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that that is the generally held opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It discourages interacting with the parts from the expansion, so yes, it is pretty bad. But even outside of that I think theat the DP herald is one of the more uninteresting ones mechanically speaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I think that Herald have a good ability with unique items, because you will be punished for trying to obtain Elder Sign from shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Near one month ago i had bought the CotDP expansion an have some plays. Now, my opinion about Dark Pharaon Herald - he is not bad at all (but weak, except of combo with Nyarl) and he is necessary with CotDP Exhibit items. Without him the investigators can do Exhibit encounters and get tons of Exhibit items without penalty. Since Exhibit items is good near as Unique items the game became too easy. Of course we have some brutal OW cards and Rumors cards, but overall, in my opinion the CotDP expansion without Herald makes the game even more easy than just base game, because of Exhibit encounters where you can gain ONLY exhibit items each turn (one for overall investigators turn, of course) and you can do it during whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.