2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Removing sticky glue residue from foam board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I built my first foam core insert and it came out well however in certain spots I used too much glue and it went onto the foam board. I tried wiping it off with a kleenex but it was too late. So several days have gone by and it's dry but when I press my finger on the spots that I wiped it still sticks a bit, so with pressure a card would probably stick onto it and mess it up.

I am using scotch quick dry adhesive. Maybe it will take a week or two to fully dry? Does anyone know a technique to get rid of the stickiness without ruining the foam board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Reuhl
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All my experience with foamcore and wiping has lead to smudging and ink/dye coming off the foamboard. I use push pins and glue (take the push pins out once dry).

A solution might be to cut a piece of paper that matches that wall/corner, spray that piece and just adhere it permanently. Just so it doesn't stick and just chalk it up to a learning experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.