Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to James Ussher, the world was created sometime during the night preceding October 23, 4004 BCE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must be true then, damn you Google and your anti-Christian lies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:
According to James Ussher, the world was created sometime during the night preceding October 23, 4004 BCE.

In RSP there is a gross misunderstanding of what an internet troll is. I get called a troll solely because there are a few weak sisters here who don't like what I say or the words I use. That's not trolling, that's saying things that some people don't agree with and using words some people don't like.

There is actually a definition of "internet troll". Well, more than one definition, but they all concur on the major points, so I'll use Wikipedia's:

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Your post is an excellent example of trolling. The sole reason for starting the thread is to provoke and emotional response. What that means is that you are a pointless and useless troll. But the value of your thread is that I can use it to educate the Liberal Hive Mind here that me calling them a bunch of dumb motherfuckers isn't trolling, not only because they are dumb motherfuckers, but also because my messages are never intended to provoke or disrupt. You'd have to be a dumb motherfucker to think that.

Your troll, by the way, is kindergarten stuff for RSP. Come back when you are a little less stupid please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
edgerunner76 wrote:

In RSP there is a gross misunderstanding of what an internet troll is. I get called a troll solely because there are a few weak sisters here who don't like what I say or the words I use. That's not trolling, that's saying things that some people don't agree with and using words some people don't like.

There is actually a definition of "internet troll". Well, more than one definition, but they all concur on the major points, so I'll use Wikipedia's:

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Your post is an excellent example of trolling. The sole reason for starting the thread is to provoke and emotional response. What that means is that you are a pointless and useless troll. But the value of your thread is that I can use it to educate the Liberal Hive Mind here that me calling them a bunch of dumb motherfuckers isn't trolling, not only because they are dumb motherfuckers, but also because my messages are never intended to provoke or disrupt. You'd have to be a dumb motherfucker to think that.

Your troll, by the way, is kindergarten stuff for RSP. Come back when you are a little less stupid please.
Of course we can just ignore this attmpt to derail, and continue with the subject of the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this your new lie Tripp: I don't troll

I suppose you did need a new one to replace: I don't make personal attacks...

This thread of yours fits your definition of trolling: Bill O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly would like to thank RSP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

This thread of yours fits your definition of trolling: Bill O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly would like to thank RSP...
So anyway, do you agree we should calibrate the Earths birthday, or just perpetrate the libtard lie that it's more the 7,000 years old?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we need better science education.

People that believe the world is only 6k years old just because some old guy a long time ago said so is weak. They are lacking in a basic science education, and/or they are purposefully deluding themselves. Education would help the former, maybe the latter but I doubt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Wait...does this mean that RSP is not primarily intended to facilitate trolling? Providence forfend! Another illusion shattered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Maybe we need better science education.

People that believe the world is only 6k years old just because some old guy a long time ago said so is weak. They are lacking in a basic science education, and/or they are purposefully deluding themselves. Education would help the former, maybe the latter but I doubt it.
It's theologically unsound as I understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Wait...does this mean that RSP is not primarily intended to facilitate trolling? Providence forfend! Another illusion shattered!
Tripp is not trolling, he is making a valid point about the age of the earth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was April 22? How many fricking holidays does one planet need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
It's like the queen, it has an official birthday which we all calibrate and a private one which only the Earths friends and family celebrate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:

Hey, how else are the union guys going to get their days off without cutting into PTO?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Your post is an excellent example of trolling.

Or... it's... a joke?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Or... it's... a joke?

If it is it's not a good one. Jokes usually have some humor, even a tiny bit. This just has a guy's name I have never heard and a slightly smarmy presentation. It's a troll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Or... it's... a joke?

If it is it's not a good one. Jokes usually have some humor, even a tiny bit. This just has a guy's name I have never heard and a slightly smarmy presentation. It's a troll.

I gore your sacred cow - it's a joke.
You gore my sacred cow - it's a troll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the RSP sub I find it hard to consider any topic presented which is not aimed directly at a specific person as "trolling".

Any Topics which has no encourage debate (e.g. Not "The sidewalk by my house is grey. Discuss.") are bound to "provok[e] readers into an emotional response" in a subreddit containing the words "Religion, Sex and Politics" -- the only three topics people are discouraged from discussing at work.

Now if the topic said, "Tripp, what did you get the Earth for its 6017th birthday?" I'd be right there with you.

-Lurker, not troll

EDIT: Some grammar mistakes which basically said the opposite of what I meant. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The sole reason for starting the thread is to provoke and emotional response.

So...you're saying this post belongs in RSP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the time the world was created, there were no days. I therefore wish planet Earth a very happy unbirthday, which it can celebrate every day of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
At the time the world was created, there were no days. I therefore wish planet Earth a very happy unbirthday, which it can celebrate every day of the year.

True, there were no days because there was no calendar, but when the earth was blinked into existence, it had to be SOMEWHERE along its orbit. That point on its orbit is what we use to commemorate the birthday of the earth.

Why don't you try science sometime?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The earth was created before the sun though, so what was it orbiting when it was created?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
The earth was created before the sun though, so what was it orbiting when it was created?

The sun orbits the earth, heathen, as does the rest of the universe. I am of a mind to report your indiscretion to the Vatican. They have ways of bringing people like you to the truth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

:eyes roll:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I'm not the literalist, roll your eyes at them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
whac3 wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I'm not the literalist, roll your eyes at them...

I'm rolling it at deliberately taking the most absurd position possible and going out of your way to mock it. Why bother if everyone knows it's foolish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.