Slow Motion Walter
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
Or can I pass without attacking?

Last night I wanted to hang onto my last card (Claw or Reinforce), let my opponent kill my dragon, and Reinforce a new one to the battlefield giving me some new battle cards. We played it that attacking is mandatory, which forced me to burn my Claw or Reinforce card and lose that battle.

Followup question: If I CAN pass without attacking, can I then attack in later turns? Say, after my Reinforce pays off with a new had of battle cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zedsdead wrote:
Or can I pass without attacking?

Last night I wanted to hang onto my last card (Claw or Reinforce), let my opponent kill my dragon, and Reinforce a new one to the battlefield giving me some new battle cards. We played it that attacking is mandatory, which forced me to burn my Claw or Reinforce card and lose that battle.

Followup question: If I CAN pass without attacking, can I then attack in later turns? Say, after my Reinforce pays off with a new had of battle cards?

Attacking and defending are always optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
So then does the 1st player marker pass to the other player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
So then does the 1st player marker pass to the other player?

You only really need to pass the the first player token when you finish resolving a battlefield.

However, during a battle, if you choose not to attack, the attack passes to your opponent. When both players can't attack (or choose not too) the battle is over though. So be careful. The player with the most dragons on their side would win in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.