18 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was randomly browsing the internet, when I stumbled across what was described as "special game party machine Children dices bosons"

And the picture looked like this:

Which I thought was hilarious and appropriate for this forum.

"20pcs 16MM Table DICE Transparent Green with WHITE number 1-4 star 5-6"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Where i can find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the Kickstarter Project, Arkham Dice by Tom Wilfong...while it's over, he may have extra for sale.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it here, while randomly browsing on Ali Express whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a pretty amazing deal for custom dice. Thanks for the link!

EDIT: I just placed my order for these dice as well. IMO, 20 dice for $8 ($0.40 per die), plus free shipping for those of us in the States, is a very reasonable deal. If people care I will post my thoughts on the quality of the dice when I receive them. Note that this deal expires in 3 days (Oct 27th?), then they are $10.

EDIT AGAIN: I received my dice on Nov 1st. A few observations:
- Dice are engraved with the numbers and Elder Signs. In other words, the markings are not simply imprinted on this dice.
- Paint quality of numbers and Elders Signs are quite good. No immediately noticeable imperfections. Much better than some dice I have received from other vendors (yes, I'm talking to you, Wizkids!). In case this matters to you, the paint used on these dice does NOT glow in the dark.
- The green plastic is somewhat transparent, as seen in the photo above. Some of the edges are slightly scuffed, but this is only really noticeable in direct light.
- Bonus! With my 20 green Arkham Horror dice also I received a free ten-sided percentile dice in my order. Specifically, it is a "sparkly" ivory-colored die with engraved numbers painted in gold. It was wrapped separately in the same package, and I assume this was a gift. I am very impressed by this.
- A real bargain in my book, even at $10!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Check out the Kickstarter Project, Arkham Dice by Tom Wilfong...while it's over, he may have extra for sale.

Cheers,
Joe

I'm still waiting for mine, so I hope he's not selling extras YET. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My new(!!!) "official" Q-Workshop dice after just one play. If i know about poor quality before i am was definitely trying the dice from first post. At least they 4-5 times cheapest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To Sean: Me too...I believe they'll be here soon

to Sergei: I'be never owned dice from Q Workshop, but have heard similar reports.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those transparant green ones look almost awesome, but the big white 'regular numbers' kindof ruin it IMHO.

@ Sergei : wow, that sucks dude. Hope you didn't pay too much (including shipping and such).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:

@ Sergei : wow, that sucks dude. Hope you didn't pay too much (including shipping and such).
Yea, it's unhappy. And i think i will spend my money and time even more, because now i will must find proper green paint and trying to fix my dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:

My new(!!!) "official" Q-Workshop dice after just one play. If i know about poor quality before i am was definitely trying the dice from first post. At least they 4-5 times cheapest.

A real shame to see what happened to those dice...

Bought one lot of those transparent green dice - 20 dice in it.

Should be a nice addition to AH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any comments or suggestions on these Arkham Dice we're working on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheToystoryian wrote:
Any comments or suggestions on these Arkham Dice we're working on...

The design is a bit busy. Numbers could be much smaller, without the tentacles. The 5 side looks like the best design for the 5 & 6.

The design in the first post is better, but as noted could have much smaller numbers in the corners for 1-4.

Tom's recent Arkham dice Kickstarter attracted over 800 buyers for this type of design including cursed and blessed dice too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, there's too much on there to be clear.
I mean, it's cool what you're doing with the tentacle and all. But if you need to look twice to see what you rolled, then a die isn't properly working IMHO.
I think you need to choose between a big&pretty tentacle/elder sign art, or a big&pretty number art, but not both.

Also: I ended up passing on Tom's awesome KS, because he chose to go for square corners. I want my dice to roll, so rounded corners are a must for me. (...and I like to use 12mm dice nowadays, also for the rolling aspect.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:

Also: I ended up passing on Tom's awesome KS, because he chose to go for square corners. I want my dice to roll, so rounded corners are a must for me. (...and I like to use 12mm dice nowadays, also for the rolling aspect.)

Ditto for me! Tom's original design was awesome, but I just couldn't get happy with his new square corners

Also, I just wanted to reiterate that I was pleasantly surprised with the dice mentioned by the OP. Decent quality, and a real bargain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius wrote:

Ditto for me! Tom's original design was awesome, but I just couldn't get happy with his new square corners

Also, I just wanted to reiterate that I was pleasantly surprised with the dice mentioned by the OP. Decent quality, and a real bargain!

I am yet to receive these, hope they as good as they seem in the picture!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius wrote:
I received my dice on Nov 1st. A few observations:
- Dice are engraved with the numbers and Elder Signs. In other words, the markings are not simply imprinted on this dice.
- Paint quality of numbers and Elders Signs are quite good. No immediately noticeable imperfections. Much better than some dice I have received from other vendors (yes, I'm talking to you, Wizkids!). In case this matters to you, the paint used on these dice does NOT glow in the dark.
- The green plastic is somewhat transparent, as seen in the photo above. Some of the edges are slightly scuffed, but this is only really noticeable in direct light.
- Bonus! With my 20 green Arkham Horror dice also I received a free ten-sided percentile dice in my order. Specifically, it is a "sparkly" ivory-colored die with engraved numbers painted in gold. It was wrapped separately in the same package, and I assume this was a gift. I am very impressed by this.

I can only confirm all your positive observations. Same here, except I got one d6 (white) and one d4 (transparent green) included as a gift. Great deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hugolefou wrote:
Gaius wrote:
I received my dice on Nov 1st. A few observations:

I can only confirm all your positive observations. Same here, except I got one d6 (white) and one d4 (transparent green) included as a gift. Great deal!

Finally got mine, and they look just as good.
I got a transparent blue d10 and a pink d6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.