7 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can a research center be used on the same turn it's built? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxwell Smart
msg tools
Don't have the rulebook on hand so apologies for any wrong terminology:

Can the Operations Expert perform his special move (teleport from a research station to any city on the board by discarding a city card) on the same turn that the station was built? ex. He starts in Lima. Builds research station in Lima, throws away Taipei card to teleport to Kinshasha.

In the same vein, could someone do the same thing (build a research station in their current city) and teleport to another research station immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed! Yes to both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Dad
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

That's what makes co-ops so fun! I myself would have missed my character's special action and/or shuttle flight option; but with table talk I would have been 'informed' in what order to accomplish my 4 actions.

I love this game!!!

Ps- I don't have a problem with Alpha-Gamers…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goliath463 wrote:

You mean you don't have alpha gamers around, or you don't mind when they shut you out of a game and play it on your behalf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
Goliath463 wrote:

You mean you don't have alpha gamers around, or you don't mind when they shut you out of a game and play it on your behalf?

Option 3: He IS the alpha gamer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
I tend to be the alpha gamer in my group, but only in the sense that I'm usually the first to make an opinion of what to do next. If someone says something else i take it into consideration and I'm never too proud to admit that their idea is better. This is usually just because I'm the most experienced at the game out of the group. I hope this doesn't make me a bad person. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.