Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Roll Through the Ages: The Iron Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: Re-roll Fate Die? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Lilly
United States
St. Albans
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible I'm missing something obvious, but can the fate die be re-rolled with each of the re-rolls as long as it isn't a skull?

From the rules:
Quote:
Roll the fate die, plus 1 empire die for each of your provinces or ports, whichever is greater. Set aside any dice with a skull on them. You may now keep or re-roll any of your remaining dice.


That tells me that yes, you can re-roll it until your third roll or it shows the skull. However, in the Origins Summer Preview video posted here, he says, "the fate die - you don't get to re-roll."

Also, you can re-roll skulls when playing solitaire with The Bronze Age, but The Iron Age does not mention this change for solitaire. That's fine, but why the change?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Fishbulb wrote:
can the fate die be re-rolled with each of the re-rolls as long as it isn't a skull?

Yes.

Quote:
in the Origins Summer Preview video posted here, he says, "the fate die - you don't get to re-roll.

Ralph was incorrect.

Quote:
Also, you can re-roll skulls when playing solitaire with The Bronze Age, but The Iron Age does not mention this change for solitaire. Why the change?

I wanted the solitaire game to be as challenging as the normal game.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lilly
United States
St. Albans
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick response! We are playing it in 10 minutes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.