Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
and symo
Australia
Northcote
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been reading the rules in preparation for my first session. I got through squads ok. Now I've hit guns and vehicles. Guns and vehicles obviously add a layer of complexity with special rules.

What I don't understand is why the counter layout suddenly has to change adding to the complexity:
+ Casualty moves to the bottom left
+ Firepower moves to the top left

Now I have to manage new rules and a new counter layout. I am not seeing why the guns and vehicles counter layout could not be consistent with the squad counters with the new Proficiency value placed in the top left corner.

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the firepower moving, a firepower of 7/5 on an infantry counter is not the same thing as a firepower of 7/5 on a vehicle or gun counter; it might be more confusing if they were in the same place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
and symo
Australia
Northcote
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a fair point.

From my point of view, it is simpler to remember the change of state for a number as opposed to the repositioning of a number of elements plus other associated rules I need to be considering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.