Cephalopod» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A Learning game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
flag msg tools
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
Nick and I had a little time on our hands, and I had drawn out a little board for this game and printed the rules before our game evening kicked off. I thought this would be a faster game, but as I was playing I realised that a lot of pips needed to be placed before it was all over. The game took about an hour, neither of us had played before.

We started being a bit timid about handing over the start of a sequence that would give the other player a 6, so the board got congested with mid-ranged numbers and 1s as we tried desperately to find places that wouldn't kick of the chain to a 6. Nick is usually pretty good a abstract games, and this was no exception. He manuvered me into several spots where I could do nothing but give up 6s to him and got little in return. 2 or 3 of our corners had safe pockets behind a diagonal line of 6s, which we could place 1s into without them being taken, which I noticed early on a managed to place into the first corner formed without interference from Nick. But he soon picked up on to that game and wouldn't let me repeat that mistake. In the end, he dominated my poor dice, and the final score was 15 (Nick) to 10 (me). Although I played poorly it seems like it would be solvable after some study. Certainly I could see patterns that I wanted to avoid as I evaluated my options. It seemed a game of errors, where the person who made the least number of mistakes wins. This is view will probably change as I play more, and I do intend to play more...
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.