Ultra Marines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Skimming the rules for Ultra Marines the other day I realised I have been "doing it wrong" when it comes to movement. Maybe I never even read the rules properly but we always played that you rolled 1D6 for each marine and could move up to that number of squares.

But no! You roll 1D6 for your whole squad and they can each move up to that number of squares. This is, of course, a neat simplification for inexperienced players.

Still, that's a revelation to me. In my review I complained that set-up can be easily biased and, while that's true, using the correct movement rules certainly helps. You could still get lucky, roll sixes and be hot footing it back to your teleport zone with artefacts before your opponent has his squad out of the room but the chances of this are greatly reduced by only rolling 1D6 instead of 5 each turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.