Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

War Stories: Liberty Road» Forums » Rules

Subject: chips in Vehicle vs. Vehicle close combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The vehicle vs. vehicle close combat rules say "return the combat chips to the bag" but (unlike infantry vs. infantry and infantry vs. vehicles) nothing about drawing them or adding their valor; the example on p. 14 shows a chip for the M10 but not the Jagdpanzer IV; the M10's chip's valor is circled but not included in the total; what the heck?

(I assume a chip is supposed to be drawn for each side--even in swarm combat--and its valor included in the totals?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
The vehicle vs. vehicle close combat rules say "return the combat chips to the bag" but (unlike infantry vs. infantry and infantry vs. vehicles) nothing about drawing them or adding their valor; the example on p. 14 shows a chip for the M10 but not the Jagdpanzer IV; the M10's chip's valor is circled but not included in the total; what the heck?

(I assume a chip is supposed to be drawn for each side--even in swarm combat--and its valor included in the totals?)


Whoa...I never noticed that. We never used chips in vehicle to vehicle combat. Hmmm....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
The vehicle vs. vehicle close combat rules say "return the combat chips to the bag" but (unlike infantry vs. infantry and infantry vs. vehicles) nothing about drawing them or adding their valor; the example on p. 14 shows a chip for the M10 but not the Jagdpanzer IV; the M10's chip's valor is circled but not included in the total; what the heck?

(I assume a chip is supposed to be drawn for each side--even in swarm combat--and its valor included in the totals?)


There are no chips in vehicle vs. vehicle. The error is in that line of text, a straggler from an earlier moment.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
the example on p. 14 shows a chip for the M10 but not the Jagdpanzer IV; the M10's chip's valor is circled but not included in the total

Oh, that chip is in the illustration because the M10 is also used in the Infantry vs. Vehicle example above it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
the example on p. 14 shows a chip for the M10 but not the Jagdpanzer IV; the M10's chip's valor is circled but not included in the total

Oh, that chip is in the illustration because the M10 is also used in the Infantry vs. Vehicle example above it.


Yep, that's correct. The artist being efficient with space.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"return the Combat chips" is still included on page 27 of the rules I just downloaded ??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Posco wrote:
"return the Combat chips" is still included on page 27 of the rules I just downloaded ??


The updated rules have you drawing chips for all close combat, even between vehicles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I missed that the line about chips has been added in the new rules. Trying to learn from the two rulebooks for a first game is a bit of a challenge (as a new player you need the graphics as you read).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Posco wrote:
Sorry, I missed that the line about chips has been added in the new rules. Trying to learn from the two rulebooks for a first game is a bit of a challenge (as a new player you need the graphics as you read).


Sorry about that! I do hope we've gotten the rules to a pretty final place, though, so the mechanics, at least, are set, even if some still have clarifications they need asked.

Have fun!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.