Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my game, delivered by Parcel Post (ugh).

My first reaction was rather indifferent. I had waited so long, and had so much pent up rage and frustration with the poor communication after the Kick Starter (which continues on to this day), that I really was in no hurry to open it.

The box just sat there on my table - appearing quite small (indeed, the shipping box must have been special ordered- it is almost exactly the same size as the game box).

Finally, after hours of wait time, I decided to slice it open.

Wow- the contents actually impressed me. Maybe it was because I was expecting a real mess. Instead, I found a nice little assortment of gaming materials. Yes, as expected, the figures were pretty lame, and they all needed the boiling water treatment to straighten them up. But after the straightening, they were not too bad, considering. I can work with them.

The board tiles were especially a surprise - thicker than expected, and nice art and design. I think the boards are my favorite feature.

The cards? Great comic book art and clear writing. Paper stock a bit thin, but acceptable. I wish they would have had a linen finish, but at least they are regular size, and after being sleeved they look pretty snazzy.

So OK, I am swallowing a lot of bile after this entire debacle - but it could have been worse. I could have received a really crappy game after all this time.

But... it looks like it just might have been worth the wait. I have yet to play it, but my first impression is a good one.

If only the communication from the game company would improve, I would be in a much more forgiving mood. And maybe even buy future expansions!

Since the majority of the issues of this game were over the poor quality of the figures - here are two photos of some of the evil robots - really bendy out of the box, but MUCH better after being dunked in boiling water, followed by a cold water bath.
This simple treatment to ALL the figures makes a HUGE difference!

Oh, and for those who did not get this, or who are still waiting for the game, here is the letter explaining when we will get the rest of the KS game stuff~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be interested to read your impressions of the game after you play it considering how upset you and some others were while we waited. It looks like you got past some of it by the contents, I hope the game play is good enough to impress you/me and we all end up happy that we bought into the initial hype. It will be a while before I can get it to the game table, however. The last two weeks have been like the "time of KS game delivery palooza!" For me, I can't see making time for this over SoB, Arcadia Quest, or Xia. And those are only 3 of the ones I got recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to my tracking info my package went out for fedex delivery yesterday. I did not receive a 'we missed you' tag, so we will see tonight.

Like you I've been extremely unhappy with how Iello has handled things so far. It will be tough to give the game a fair shake. I do hope it's good simply because I sunk almost $200 into the game. We will have to compare notes after trying the game out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update. I was a winner of the contest for the game here on the Geek and having been following the KS Campaign for over a year in anticipation of receiving my only contest win so far. Hoping to boil my own minis soon...was told they were waiting for the KS backers to ship (and rightfully so) before shipping contest winners...that should be any day now I hope...still haven't been asked for a shipping address.

M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
I'll be interested to read your impressions of the game after you play it considering how upset you and some others were while we waited. It looks like you got past some of it by the contents, I hope the game play is good enough to impress you/me and we all end up happy that we bought into the initial hype. It will be a while before I can get it to the game table, however. The last two weeks have been like the "time of KS game delivery palooza!" For me, I can't see making time for this over SoB, Arcadia Quest, or Xia. And those are only 3 of the ones I got recently.

Of those games you listed, I will be getting SOB late next week (yes, I was one of the lucky ones who got their shipping notifications this week!).
That is why I have to hustle and get at least one quicky game of GC wrapped up before SOB arrives- once it does, SOB will occupy most of my gaming time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boomhower~

LOL!

So the only game you have ever won is this one!?

That's almost like a vegan winning a side of beef!

I am sure you will eventually enjoy the game if you have ever read comic books - congrats on the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidian3d wrote:
According to my tracking info my package went out for fedex delivery yesterday. I did not receive a 'we missed you' tag, so we will see tonight.

Like you I've been extremely unhappy with how Iello has handled things so far. It will be tough to give the game a fair shake. I do hope it's good simply because I sunk almost $200 into the game. We will have to compare notes after trying the game out.

Right on, bro! I will be back here with a bit of a review after I take the game for a spin around the block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Pietrangelo
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What sleeve size did you use? I bought standard sleeves but they don't fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I used these:

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/4107...

I think they fit great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:

Of those games you listed, I will be getting SOB late next week (yes, I was one of the lucky ones who got their shipping notifications this week!).
That is why I have to hustle and get at least one quicky game of GC wrapped up before SOB arrives- once it does, SOB will occupy most of my gaming time.

I've finally got all the SoB figures (not the red ones) put together and read all the rules. If this game does not end up being one of my favorite games of all time, I'll have to eat my hat. LOL! My Arcadia Quest actually comes tomorrow, but I've read the rules so many times and looked at so much info that I feel like I've already played it. I also believe that along with SoB, those two games will be a couple of my favorites of all time... or I'll be eating another damn hat!

It's a great time to be a geek!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope those are pork pie hats... at least they will taste good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I picked up my copy from the FedEx depot tonight. Looking through the components everything looks pretty good, at least the cards and tokens and everything. In fact I'd say those bits look great. The minis however are abysmal, most notably the kinoichi. Those are the worst minis I've ever seen, boardgame or otherwise.

All that said however I do sort of want to play it now that it's here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
So excited.. my copy came today and it is AWESOME!! Can not wait to play this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TragicTheBlathering wrote:
So excited.. my copy came today and it is AWESOME!! Can not wait to play this...

siiiiiigh.

I know, I know, I'm just a contest winner...I have so much less right to be impatient....but man, I can't wait to be posted something similar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got notice from Stephan at IELLO that my copy will ship this week! I hope to join you all in enjoying it soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MhidDa wrote:
Got notice from Stephan at IELLO that my copy will ship this week! I hope to join you all in enjoying it soon!

Nice! I keep on hoping that I'll see more reviews and threads here on BGG to build up my own interest in making time to get this to the table. AQ and SoB are dominating my game time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
MhidDa wrote:

Nice! I keep on hoping that I'll see more reviews and threads here on BGG to build up my own interest in making time to get this to the table. AQ and SoB are dominating my game time.

Kinda ditto. Except it's organizing my games and doing some art that is occupying me this week.

Sorry, GC... you just waited so long to get to me that you are now the one that has to wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Boomhower I have won for the very first time...and not only that, but until someone contacted me, I wasn't even aware that I have won

Arrived today and looks quite cool!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PasiMax wrote:
Like Boomhower I have won for the very first time...and not only that, but until someone contacted me, I wasn't even aware that I have won

Arrived today and looks quite cool!!

RECEIVED! And now to survive my son begging me to unbox it while I still have to finish my workday from home....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unboxed and, frankly, not so disappointed. Mind you, I didn't back so I have a very different perspective here but for me, the minis are fine. Not great, no, but fine. Only 5 of them needed reshaping so even that wasn't such a chore. We will see what happens when I get it in front of my discerning 13 year old son but over all, it feels like a fairly positive contest win.

The next question..will IELLO put me on the list for the new minis and will I ever see Rage? The adventure continues...

ps What in the name of the gods is with Golden Boy's stance? I can't decide if it looks more like he is doing that old picking up change dance or like the Dude's landlord in the Big Lebowski (notably his interpretive dance sequence)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth noting, be very careful not to drop your room tiles on the floor...my son has dropped two and the second did some damage to the corner when it hit...not very tough pressed cardboard on these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Held
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once all the components get here (hi, next year) I can't wait to make a foamboard insert for this thing...it is dying for one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BazooKaJoe5 wrote:
Once all the components get here (hi, next year) I can't wait to make a foamboard insert for this thing...it is dying for one.

Actually, the remainder of the components will come in two waves - one wave this year (December), and the next one in 2015, Jan-April.

Personally, I think you are correct, though.

At the rate this game FINALLY was available, I doubt anything else will be out this year.

Including an English FAQ or, for that matter, another update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:
Including an English FAQ or, for that matter, another update.

here you are sir

http://www.guardians-chronicles.com/en/english-faq/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.