Subject: The Traveling Seer II - Evil Wins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
THE TRAVELING SEER II

This is an 13 player game with different and unique roles. Dusk is at 9:00pm BGG time and dawn is at 9:30pm. The game will start when full. It will not run on Saturday or Sunday.

TEAMS
Every player wins or loses with their team, regardless of whether they survive to the end of the game.

TEAM EVIL (4/13)
Team evil wins as soon as they reach parity. Only wolves count for parity.

TEAM GOOD (9/13)
Team good wins as soon as all wolves are killed.

ROLES

QUICK REFERENCE
2 Werewolves - Control the night kill and choose a different player every day to get a seer view.
Face Dancers - There are 4 of these, 2 are evil and 2 are good. They all share an anonymous chat.
Tiebreaker - Vote counts for 1.01, so he will break ties regardless of LHLV.
Pious Villager - Has no special abilities of his or her own but chooses who gets the two angels.
Guardian Angel - Makes the person chosen for this angel tough to one death.
Avenging Angel - Brutals a target of choice on the player's death.

WEREWOLVES (x2)

The wolves share a private chat and control the night kill. In this game the wolves also select a player to receive a seer view every night (starting on night zero). The rest of this section spells out the details of how assigning the seer works.

The wolves cannot select the same player to be given the seer view and be night killed. The player selected for a seer view must also fit these three criteria:

#1 The player is alive.
#2 The player is not a wolf.
#3 The player has not been selected for a seer view yet this game.

The player who is targeted for a seer view will be notified and (if they are on the good team) will have an entire day to select a player to view (see rules section below for details on views). If the player that the wolves target for a seer view is the wolves' Aux (i.e. one of the face dancers covered below) then instead of getting a seer view, the Aux is told the identity of the wolves as soon as they are selected for the seer view.

SEER VIEW EDGE CASES
Not selecting a player to view or selecting an invalid target for the seer view will have the consequence of also skipping the night kill that night. Since there is no night kill on night zero, a view must be selected that night. If no view is selected one will be randomly chosen by the moderator.
The wolves will be given a list of valid targets for a seer view at the beginning of the day.
If there is one or fewer living non-wolf players who have not been selected for a seer view, then the wolves no longer need to select a seer target and can night kill freely.
If the wolves give someone seer power and then (successfully) night kill them the following night, the results of the seer's view will be posted publicly in the thread (i.e. the wolves should never do this). There is no public reveal if someone who would have gotten a seer view is lynched or if they are killed by the avenging angel's brutal.

FACE DANCERS (2 EVIL AND 2 GOOD)

All four face dancers share an anonymous private chat, which they may choose to use or ignore. On death they will reveal as face dancers but there will be no alignment reveal. When any face dancer is assigned a seer view they will receive an E or a G (depending on if they are evil or good) in front of their alias inside face dancer chat. Each night the role (but not the username) of the person who was assigned a seer view that night will be posted in face dancer chat.

If an evil face dancer is selected for a seer view, that face dancer will learn the identity of the wolves in place of getting that view.

If a good face dancer is selected for a seer view, both good face dancers will get a chat together. If the second good face dancer is then selected for the view, a random good will be added to the chat.

VILLAGERS (x7)

5 Villagers will start the game with no special abilities other then their keen intellect.

1 Villager will be the Tiebreaker. Their vote is worth 1.01, causing them to break any ties and ignore LHLV. They will be told that they are the Tiebreaking Villager.

1 Villager will be the pious villager. The pious villager will select one player (not him or herself) to receive an avenging angel and a different player (also not him or herself) to receive a guardian angel. These selections will be made on night 1 (not night 0). The avenging angel will give the player the brutal ability on death. The guardian angel will make the player tough to one lynch, night kill, or brutal. The pious villager will input 2 selections for the brutal in case their pick is Night Killed on N1.

No players, not even those chosen to receive an angel, will be told who the pious villager is. The pious villager will reveal as a normal villager on death.

GUARDIAN ANGEL EDGE CASES
Both angels will stay with the selected players until that player would normally be killed.
If the player selected for the avenging angel is killed on night 1 then the brutal ability will be given to the backup. The player who has the guardian angel, will be protected from the first death starting on night 1.
If the pious villager is lynched on the first day he or she will still select the two players to give angels to from beyond the grave.
The village will not be notified when the guardian angel protects someone.
The village will not be notified that a player had an angel when that player dies.
The guardian angel will protect from the avenging angel's brutal.

TERMS USED

The brutal ability is triggered on a player's actual death. The most recent target that the player has picked will be killed along with the player.
Parity is when there is an equal number of living players who count for parity (generally this is the wolves) and players who do not count for parity (generally everyone else). When this happens, evil wins.
Aux is short for Auxiliary Evil. These are evil players who are not wolves but are on the wolves' team and support the wolves' agenda.

ADDITIONAL RULES

A player who is selected for a seer view will be able to choose to view for either wolf or face dancer. A view for wolf will produce a response of "wolf" or "not wolf". A view for face dancer will produce a response of "evil face dancer", "good face dancer", or "not a face dancer." Face dancers who have been given a view can only view for face dancers, they cannot view for wolves.
Anyone who is chosen for a seer view will be notified that they were given a view at the beginning of the day. Evil Face Dancers will receive the identity of the wolves immediately. All other players will have an entire day-night cycle to decide on their view.
There is full role and alignment reveal on death, except in the following cases: The pious villager reveals as a regular villager, and face dancers do not reveal alignment.
This game uses the LHLV rules for breaking ties.
Please only sign up if you can participate.
In order to prevent night sniping I will post "no talking" five minutes before dawn.
Posting game changing information (such as claims, false claims, seer views, ect.) during no talking times will result in a mod kill, or if you were going to die anyway it will result in the mod kill of someone on your team. Non-game changing posts will in most cases result in a scolding by the mod.
No communication with other players about the game outside of the game until it is over.
No encryption. No codes that require a pre-arranged shared secret or an application to decode. Any "hints" that everyone in the thread has an equal chance of understanding or which are based on in game information are ok.
Any players who have not participated in the last 24 hours, or posted with an explanation of why they will be gone, at 2 hours before any lynch may be put up for replacement.
A general primer on how to play werewolf can be found here.
A link to the page on the cassandra project where you can sign up for this game can be found in the post directly below this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Traveling Seer II - In signups
Player List According to Cassandra:
4thvillager
Alphamage
Archaic Decay
BlueTorch
ElAdoranSureshot
JaredW25
Jippakonia
LightRider
PaperF
Quaseymoto
RoyalApe
Syntax3rror
ThatAblaze

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1257...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Previous runs of this general set:

The Temple of Mists - The mushrooms have fed well
The Temple of Mists 2 - The sand worms have feasted on the bodies of the good team.
The Traveling Seer - The journey is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
And now:
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
mbmbmbmbmb

has agreed to keep this one running. Lets hear it for LJ!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*Cracks knuckles*

Yeah, I'm back for more. Like anyone expected anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I may watch from the sidelines and keep my record of these games' win percentage at 100%...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
I may watch from the sidelines and keep my record of these games' win percentage at 100%...

Oh come on, Peer. You know you can't resist...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:

Yeah, you know you want some of this action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphamage wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:

I can have you anywhere, anytime, as it is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
Alphamage wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:

Yeah, but.... Games Peer, games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphamage wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:
Alphamage wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
theknightofcups wrote:

Yeah, but.... Games Peer, games.

13 out of 30ish (I'm only counting legit WW games) have been with you, dearest Ethan-Pie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if I can make it to D1...the wolfs don't get an N0 NK do they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0.o
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll remember this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IRC werewolf is the weirdest thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm thinking of adding a new role to this set. Me and lj are in talks. More soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:

How so?

P.S. I'm sad I had to go to bed before you came on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
LightRider wrote:

How so?

It's all lies and uncertainty and fear and voting for 4thvillager all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
LightRider wrote:

How so?

It's all lies and uncertainty and fear and voting for 4thvillager all the time.

I know, right?

(While you weren't around, we played a couple games of Avalon, and I correctly guessed that she was Merlin both times.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've gone ahead and made some changes to the rules. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, ect. then please share.

The changes I made are twofold:

#1) The masons are no longer soul bound. They are ineligible to receive guardian angels instead. I believe this benefits good.

#2) I've added a 15th player, who is an outsider (not on either team at game start). I believe this benefits evil.

The rules wrote:

ROLE THIEF (x1)
Every day during lynch the role thief tests the player that he or she is voting for that day.
If the tested player is a wolf then the role thief becomes a wolf and the tested player is demoted to a minion. A minion remains on the evil team but has no special powers. Minions cannot be assigned seer views.
If the tested player is a mason then the role thief becomes a mason and the tested player is demoted to a villager.
In both cases above the tested player is immediately removed from their respective chat and the role thief takes their place.
If the tested player has any role other than a wolf or a mason then the test has no effect.
This exchange takes place before the player in lynch lead is lynched. Players that happen to have their role stolen on the day that they die will reveal as the new role, not the old one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
I've gone ahead and made some changes to the rules. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, ect. then please share.

#1) The masons are no longer soul bound. They are ineligible to receive guardian angels instead. I believe this benefits good.

#2) I've added a 15th player, who is an outsider (not on either team at game start). I believe this benefits evil.

The rules wrote:

ROLE THIEF (x1)
Every day during lynch the role thief tests the player that he or she is voting for that day.
If the tested player is a wolf then the role thief becomes a wolf and the tested player is demoted to a minion. A minion remains on the evil team but has no special powers. Minions cannot be assigned seer views.
If the tested player is a mason then the role thief becomes a mason and the tested player is demoted to a villager.
In both cases above the tested player is immediately removed from their respective chat and the role thief takes their place.
If the tested player has any role other than a wolf or a mason then the test has no effect.
This exchange takes place before the player in lynch lead is lynched. Players that happen to have their role stolen on the day that they die will reveal as the new role, not the old one.

Cool concept!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
One more change to hopefully make facedancer chat a little more interesting. I think it has a neutral effect.

Quote:
Each night the role (but not the username) of the person who was assigned a seer view that night will be posted in face dancer chat.

Also, face dancers who receive a view will be IDd as good/evil inside FD chat when they receive it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:

The rules wrote:

ROLE THIEF (x1)

Theoretically thief can become both a mason and a wolf? No, sorry, misread it.

If one mason dies, and then thief views the other mason, then isn't he also basically just a villager? I guess he gets access to the chatroom though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
One more change to hopefully make facedancer chat a little more interesting. I think it has a neutral effect.

Quote:
Each night the role (but not the username) of the person who was assigned a seer view that night will be posted in face dancer chat.

Also, face dancers who receive a view will be IDd as good/evil inside FD chat when they receive it.

So if a good FD gets a view then their chatroom name becomes Good Face Dancer then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:

The rules wrote:

ROLE THIEF (x1)

Theoretically thief can become both a mason and a wolf? No, sorry, misread it.

If one mason dies, and then thief views the other mason, then isn't he also basically just a villager? I guess he gets access to the chatroom though...
He gets to be added to team good, and maybe later a face dancer will join the chat room. You're right that it wouldn't be huge in that case, but keep in mind that he would know that the mason had died, so he probably wouldn't be looking to join that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:

Quote:

So if a good FD gets a view then their chatroom name becomes Good Face Dancer then?

Yes, GFD. If they are afraid of being outed they could try to get someone else to claim the view or just keep quiet. Lots of possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [60] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.