Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
59 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: the worst attempt at implying voter fraud ever caught on the interwebs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So recently we had a thread claiming worst attempt voter fraud ever caught tape which linked to a video showing a person doing the perfectly legal and common (in Arizona) GOTV activity of delivering sealed absentee ballots. Said video was also cited in my thread about a peer-reviewed study on voter ID laws.

Why bring this up? Well, besides the opportunity to point out how wrong those using the video were, the conservative reaction to the video in general is quite telling. Apparently A Hispanic man delivers absentee ballots, and now conservatives want him dead.

As Wonkette notes in her piece on this, "By Tuesday, the story was all over the rightwing blogosphere. The Blaze and The Daily Caller both ran with it...[etc.]"

This LaFaro guy, in his version of the story, said that "I don’t know if that person in the video is an illegal alien, a dreamer or a citizen. What I do know is that he was a vulgar, disrespectful, violent thug who has no respect for our laws. I would have followed him to the parking lot to take down his tag number, but I feared for my life."

There is no evidence in that video of illegal activity, and nothing in the man's simple behavior of delivering ballots to warrant being called vulgar, disrespectful, or violent. The problem folks seem to be having is that the man was brownish. What are these people so fucking afraid of? Go look at the comments on the Youtube video for example. They're quite disturbing.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your suggestions of racism are overblown, but at the same time I have to ask would this have been an issue with a white person. Was this the only person who has done this in that polling station that day?

Can people prove there is not a faint hint of racism here?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
There is no evidence in that video of illegal activity, and nothing in the man's simple behavior of delivering ballots to warrant being called vulgar, disrespectful, or violent.


Well, then if this young man ( I had not even realized his skin color until you pointed it out) is such an outstanding citizen and is just doing a public service by helping take hundreds of ballots to the polling station. Then why has he not come forward to put this to rest ?

Let's be honest, you progressive nutters wont be satisfied until someone walk in on film , signs a document explaining that they are committing fraud and then film it. even then I am sure half of you would be like "film was doctored" ! Koch brothers, bla bla

Elfbane wrote:
The problem folks seem to be having is that the man was brownish. What are these people so fucking afraid of?


Wow, race colored glasses are awesome. I think its funny that you genuinely don't understand the problem and cant seem to address it.


Stay classy my racist friends, stay classy !
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Elfbane wrote:
There is no evidence in that video of illegal activity, and nothing in the man's simple behavior of delivering ballots to warrant being called vulgar, disrespectful, or violent.


Well, then if this young man ( I had not even realized his skin color until you pointed it out) is such an outstanding citizen and is just doing a public service by helping take hundreds of ballots to the polling station. Then why has he not come forward to put this to rest ?
Because he does not see why he should, as he has done nothing wrong (and by the way how do you know he has not, are you a member of the electoral commission?
Quote:


Let's be honest, you progressive nutters wont be satisfied until someone walk in on film , signs a document explaining that they are committing fraud and then film it. even then I am sure half of you would be like "film was doctored" ! Koch brothers, bla bla
No. I think most of us would be quite happy with a criminal prosecution for election fraud (and lets not forget, even the accuser says this persons action were not illegal). A person is innocent until proven guilty, as such this is an accusation, and accusations are not proof.
Quote:


Elfbane wrote:
The problem folks seem to be having is that the man was brownish. What are these people so fucking afraid of?


Wow, race colored glasses are awesome. I think its funny that you genuinely don't understand the problem and cant seem to address it.


Stay classy my racist friends, stay classy !
Then provide actual proof, and not hearsay.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Well, then if this young man ( I had not even realized his skin color until you pointed it out) is such an outstanding citizen and is just doing a public service by helping take hundreds of ballots to the polling station. Then why has he not come forward to put this to rest ?

Let's be honest, you progressive nutters wont be satisfied until someone walk in on film , signs a document explaining that they are committing fraud and then film it. even then I am sure half of you would be like "film was doctored" ! Koch brothers, bla bla


C'mon, I get that it's hard to back out of a public blunder like your voter fraud thread, but you have to see how ridiculous this is. If I posted a video of a guy walking around with an AR-15 in front of a bank, in an open carry state, and claimed it was irrefutable evidence of an attempted bank robbery because the guy never got on the news to deny he was robbing banks, you would think that was reasonable?

The Arizona law allowing you to gather up ballots and deliver them is obviously dumb and asking for fraud, but that does not mean this guy is committing fraud. If anything has taught us over the years is that the only people dumber than Arizona law makers are Florida law makers. Rail against the law all day, but this guy is doing things by the book, at least as can be gleaned from a security camera.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Elfbane wrote:
There is no evidence in that video of illegal activity, and nothing in the man's simple behavior of delivering ballots to warrant being called vulgar, disrespectful, or violent.


Well, then if this young man ( I had not even realized his skin color until you pointed it out) is such an outstanding citizen and is just doing a public service by helping take hundreds of ballots to the polling station. Then why has he not come forward to put this to rest ?

Let's be honest, you progressive nutters wont be satisfied until someone walk in on film , signs a document explaining that they are committing fraud and then film it. even then I am sure half of you would be like "film was doctored" ! Koch brothers, bla bla

Elfbane wrote:
The problem folks seem to be having is that the man was brownish. What are these people so fucking afraid of?


Wow, race colored glasses are awesome. I think its funny that you genuinely don't understand the problem and cant seem to address it.


Stay classy my racist friends, stay classy !


Yet if it was so wrong they would not have raised it two months ago and done something about it??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
The Arizona law allowing you to gather up ballots and deliver them is obviously dumb and asking for fraud, but that does not mean this guy is committing fraud. If anything has taught us over the years is that the only people dumber than Arizona law makers are Florida law makers. Rail against the law all day, but this guy is doing things by the book, at least as can be gleaned from a security camera.


did you not read the nutty left wing story attached to this ?

Quote:
Far from being up to anything fraudulent, the CBA employee, Ben Marin, was simply fulfilling CBA’s commitment to the voters it promised to help, delivering their sealed absentee ballots to the elections office. Said Parraz, “If anything, we’re guilty of helping people vote.” Parraz said that Marin is not making himself available for interviews



wasn’t the least bit sneaky about anything, including going back to his vehicle to seal that one ballot that was open. (We’re no election lawyers, but it seems to us that maybe that one ballot should have just been turned in as is.


He admitted he "resealed" the ballot and submitted it. I hope his admission gets him jail time. He fucking admitted tampering with a ballot...... he fucking admitted it.... holy shit. You nutters will find a way to down play that admission, I am sure of it.

Oh sure, it all seems like it's on the up and up.No way this is suspicious activity. So what if other states have banned this type of ballot stuffing, AZ is know for its honesty. Why just yesterday my family and I were out gathering up ballots for people who felt it was a bit tedious to take the time to vote but not want to send it in or deliver it... Everyone does this.

I often wonder how you hive minders function in your daily lives without having the ability to profile a situation accurately. For example, if you see a pitbull with a torn ear and missing an eye come running up to your kid, are you able to make a quick decision and determine that something is wrong. Or are you unable to assess the situation and say to yourself "not all pitbulls are dangerous" and i cant judge this one based on the actions of previous encounters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
The Arizona law allowing you to gather up ballots and deliver them is obviously dumb and asking for fraud, but that does not mean this guy is committing fraud. If anything has taught us over the years is that the only people dumber than Arizona law makers are Florida law makers. Rail against the law all day, but this guy is doing things by the book, at least as can be gleaned from a security camera.


did you not read the nutty left wing story attached to this ?

Quote:
Far from being up to anything fraudulent, the CBA employee, Ben Marin, was simply fulfilling CBA’s commitment to the voters it promised to help, delivering their sealed absentee ballots to the elections office. Said Parraz, “If anything, we’re guilty of helping people vote.” Parraz said that Marin is not making himself available for interviews



wasn’t the least bit sneaky about anything, including going back to his vehicle to seal that one ballot that was open. (We’re no election lawyers, but it seems to us that maybe that one ballot should have just been turned in as is.


He admitted he "resealed" the ballot and submitted it. I hope his admission gets him jail time. He fucking admitted tampering with a ballot...... he fucking admitted it.... holy shit. You nutters will find a way to down play that admission, I am sure of it.

Oh sure, it all seems like it's on the up and up.No way this is suspicious activity. So what if other states have banned this type of ballot stuffing, AZ is know for its honesty. Why just yesterday my family and I were out gathering up ballots for people who felt it was a bit tedious to take the time to vote but not want to send it in or deliver it... Everyone does this.

I often wonder how you hive minders function in your daily lives without having the ability to profile a situation accurately. For example, if you see a pitbull with a torn ear and missing an eye come running up to your kid, are you able to make a quick decision and determine that something is wrong. Or are you unable to assess the situation and say to yourself "not all pitbulls are dangerous" and i cant judge this one based on the actions of previous encounters.


Someone needs a hug.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You do know that Republican GOTV operations in Arizona do this same thing, right?

LaFaro himself noted the GOP collects and delivers early ballots (para 10), also this: Bring your early ballots!.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
The Arizona law allowing you to gather up ballots and deliver them is obviously dumb and asking for fraud, but that does not mean this guy is committing fraud. If anything has taught us over the years is that the only people dumber than Arizona law makers are Florida law makers. Rail against the law all day, but this guy is doing things by the book, at least as can be gleaned from a security camera.


did you not read the nutty left wing story attached to this ?

Quote:
Far from being up to anything fraudulent, the CBA employee, Ben Marin, was simply fulfilling CBA’s commitment to the voters it promised to help, delivering their sealed absentee ballots to the elections office. Said Parraz, “If anything, we’re guilty of helping people vote.” Parraz said that Marin is not making himself available for interviews



wasn’t the least bit sneaky about anything, including going back to his vehicle to seal that one ballot that was open. (We’re no election lawyers, but it seems to us that maybe that one ballot should have just been turned in as is.


He admitted he "resealed" the ballot and submitted it. I hope his admission gets him jail time. He fucking admitted tampering with a ballot...... he fucking admitted it.... holy shit. You nutters will find a way to down play that admission, I am sure of it.

Oh sure, it all seems like it's on the up and up.No way this is suspicious activity. So what if other states have banned this type of ballot stuffing, AZ is know for its honesty. Why just yesterday my family and I were out gathering up ballots for people who felt it was a bit tedious to take the time to vote but not want to send it in or deliver it... Everyone does this.

I often wonder how you hive minders function in your daily lives without having the ability to profile a situation accurately. For example, if you see a pitbull with a torn ear and missing an eye come running up to your kid, are you able to make a quick decision and determine that something is wrong. Or are you unable to assess the situation and say to yourself "not all pitbulls are dangerous" and i cant judge this one based on the actions of previous encounters.
Why not show us that this is just not a right wing hatchet job by quoting in full?

Quote:
(We’re no election lawyers, but it seems to us that maybe that one ballot should have just been turned in as is. Does sealing an unsealed ballot count as “tampering” with it? There is probably some case law on that somewhere.)

So is it illegal to do it, or is it just as big a crime as the "ballot stuffing", not illegal at all.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

He admitted he "resealed" the ballot and submitted it. I hope his admission gets him jail time. He fucking admitted tampering with a ballot...... he fucking admitted it.... holy shit. You nutters will find a way to down play that admission, I am sure of it.

Oh sure, it all seems like it's on the up and up.No way this is suspicious activity. So what if other states have banned this type of ballot stuffing, AZ is know for its honesty. Why just yesterday my family and I were out gathering up ballots for people who felt it was a bit tedious to take the time to vote but not want to send it in or deliver it... Everyone does this.


Ah, so the goal posts have been moved from your accusation in the other thread of ballot stuffing fraud to one count of ballot tampering, with no intent to actually commit fraud (at least that there is evidence of).

Sure, the guy should get a fine or probation or whatever for his real lapse of judgement in sealing one vote. I don't see how that invalidates any of the rest of the act.

As for your pitbull analogy. Talk about stereotyping. Show me where people with fraudulent boxes of ballots have been caught to the extent that we should suspect this guy because of his ripped ear/lost eye..err I mean open ballot.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
The Arizona law allowing you to gather up ballots and deliver them is obviously dumb and asking for fraud, but that does not mean this guy is committing fraud. If anything has taught us over the years is that the only people dumber than Arizona law makers are Florida law makers. Rail against the law all day, but this guy is doing things by the book, at least as can be gleaned from a security camera.


did you not read the nutty left wing story attached to this ?

Quote:
Far from being up to anything fraudulent, the CBA employee, Ben Marin, was simply fulfilling CBA’s commitment to the voters it promised to help, delivering their sealed absentee ballots to the elections office. Said Parraz, “If anything, we’re guilty of helping people vote.” Parraz said that Marin is not making himself available for interviews



wasn’t the least bit sneaky about anything, including going back to his vehicle to seal that one ballot that was open. (We’re no election lawyers, but it seems to us that maybe that one ballot should have just been turned in as is.


He admitted he "resealed" the ballot and submitted it. I hope his admission gets him jail time. He fucking admitted tampering with a ballot...... he fucking admitted it.... holy shit. You nutters will find a way to down play that admission, I am sure of it.

Oh sure, it all seems like it's on the up and up.No way this is suspicious activity. So what if other states have banned this type of ballot stuffing, AZ is know for its honesty. Why just yesterday my family and I were out gathering up ballots for people who felt it was a bit tedious to take the time to vote but not want to send it in or deliver it... Everyone does this.

I often wonder how you hive minders function in your daily lives without having the ability to profile a situation accurately. For example, if you see a pitbull with a torn ear and missing an eye come running up to your kid, are you able to make a quick decision and determine that something is wrong. Or are you unable to assess the situation and say to yourself "not all pitbulls are dangerous" and i cant judge this one based on the actions of previous encounters.

Where did the guy admit to anyone that he resealed a ballot?
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
You do know that Republican GOTV operations in Arizona do this same thing, right?

LaFaro himself noted the GOP collects and delivers early ballots (para 10), also this: Bring your early ballots!.


Looks like a pitbull, acts like a pit bull, better get Animal Control Officer Jeremy on the job!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
The Arizona law allowing you to gather up ballots and deliver them is obviously dumb and asking for fraud, but that does not mean this guy is committing fraud. If anything has taught us over the years is that the only people dumber than Arizona law makers are Florida law makers. Rail against the law all day, but this guy is doing things by the book, at least as can be gleaned from a security camera.


did you not read the nutty left wing story attached to this ?

Quote:
Far from being up to anything fraudulent, the CBA employee, Ben Marin, was simply fulfilling CBA’s commitment to the voters it promised to help, delivering their sealed absentee ballots to the elections office. Said Parraz, “If anything, we’re guilty of helping people vote.” Parraz said that Marin is not making himself available for interviews



wasn’t the least bit sneaky about anything, including going back to his vehicle to seal that one ballot that was open. (We’re no election lawyers, but it seems to us that maybe that one ballot should have just been turned in as is.


He admitted he "resealed" the ballot and submitted it. I hope his admission gets him jail time. He fucking admitted tampering with a ballot...... he fucking admitted it.... holy shit. You nutters will find a way to down play that admission, I am sure of it.

Oh sure, it all seems like it's on the up and up.No way this is suspicious activity. So what if other states have banned this type of ballot stuffing, AZ is know for its honesty. Why just yesterday my family and I were out gathering up ballots for people who felt it was a bit tedious to take the time to vote but not want to send it in or deliver it... Everyone does this.

I often wonder how you hive minders function in your daily lives without having the ability to profile a situation accurately. For example, if you see a pitbull with a torn ear and missing an eye come running up to your kid, are you able to make a quick decision and determine that something is wrong. Or are you unable to assess the situation and say to yourself "not all pitbulls are dangerous" and i cant judge this one based on the actions of previous encounters.

Where did the guy admit to anyone that he resealed a ballot?
But do you now know, you do not have to have witnessed an event to know what happened. Stop being part of the Hive mind and think what you are told.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Comments on a you tube video? Sure let's take them seriously.
Why not comments on 4chan.

Oh and in the story you linked.

Quote:
Person from CBA: "Go fuck yourself! I don't have to tell you who I am."

He continued to stuff the ballot box and took a photo of several ballots that he staged in the slot of the ballot box. He hid behind the ballot box and table as he slipped the unsealed ballot into his brief and left. He came back with the unsealed ballot that he sealed outside and dropped in the ballot box.

As he was leaving, he said, "Go fuck yourself gringo."


Could be that LaFaro is lying.
Is calling someone "gringo" racist?


So yeah let's tell the rational side of things.


So yes, what he was seen to be doing on the video was legal in AZ.
Yes the reaction of many is over the top.

But. Should this be legal. Allowing organization to collect absentee ballots en masse and turn them in?

Maricopa County elections spokesman Daniel Ruiz said there is no law covering how a ballot gets to the poll. What counts is whether the ballot is signed and the signature can be verified.

Democrat Terry Goddard agreed that banning mass collections should be considered, within limits. "I agree that what Sen. Reagan occasionally calls harvesting is wrong and whatever that means should be abolished," Goddard said, while warning that not all collections should be banned. "Let's look carefully before we jump, because the thing at stake is your right and my right to vote, and it seems to me that under every circumstance we ought to protect that right.

No this has nothing to do with voter ID laws.
No it has nothing to do with racism.

But really, should this be allowed?
Should we not be concerned that voter fraud might be happening, how long did this group have these ballots? How many more were signed and unsealed?

No not illegal, but can we admit it is suspect?

Please there are much worse implications of voter fraud.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets also take a look at Ben Marin, the helpful citizen just trying to get people to vote. A helpful guy, the kind of guy you want to work with and be associated with.

Let see, he is a community organizer... I wont hold that against him.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/benjamin-marin/5b/9ba/776

hmmm, I guess I was wrong...

oh wait what this ?
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/032013/m5...

Order of Discharge from Probation effective April 2, 2013 ? whaaaaatttt ? Oh I'm sure it was something silly like underage drinking or something..... let's see

underage drinking, no biggie.

providing alcohol to minors..... hmmm, I guess that's no big deal ?

Shoplifting.... Well, 'Im sure he was just stealing bread to feed his family.

So yeah, you guys are right, upstanding citizen of the community just helping out the poor people. A modern day saint !

How is it , the Wonkette cant find this info, could it be their not an objective website ? shocking !!!!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
Comments on a you tube video? Sure let's take them seriously.
Why not comments on 4chan.

Oh and in the story you linked.

Quote:
Person from CBA: "Go fuck yourself! I don't have to tell you who I am."

He continued to stuff the ballot box and took a photo of several ballots that he staged in the slot of the ballot box. He hid behind the ballot box and table as he slipped the unsealed ballot into his brief and left. He came back with the unsealed ballot that he sealed outside and dropped in the ballot box.

As he was leaving, he said, "Go fuck yourself gringo."


Could be that LaFaro is lying.
Is calling someone "gringo" racist?

I think that was Wonkette being Wonkette, rather than what the guy actually said.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Lets also take a look at Ben Marin, the helpful citizen just trying to get people to vote. A helpful guy, the kind of guy you want to work with and be associated with.

Let see, he is a community organizer... I wont hold that against him.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/benjamin-marin/5b/9ba/776

hmmm, I guess I was wrong...

oh wait what this ?
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/032013/m5...

Order of Discharge from Probation effective April 2, 2013 ? whaaaaatttt ? Oh I'm sure it was something silly like underage drinking or something..... let's see

underage drinking, no biggie.

providing alcohol to minors..... hmmm, I guess that's no big deal ?

Shoplifting.... Well, 'Im sure he was just stealing bread to feed his family.

So yeah, you guys are right, upstanding citizen of the community just helping out the poor people. A modern day saint !

How is it , the Wonkette cant find this info, could it be their not an objective website ? shocking !!!!

Who has said he is an upstanding citizen, and none of this proves what he did was illegal. Also are you really saying that a man cannot reform his character?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting on where you got that 'admission' from...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
Comments on a you tube video? Sure let's take them seriously.
Why not comments on 4chan.

Oh and in the story you linked.

Quote:
Person from CBA: "Go fuck yourself! I don't have to tell you who I am."

He continued to stuff the ballot box and took a photo of several ballots that he staged in the slot of the ballot box. He hid behind the ballot box and table as he slipped the unsealed ballot into his brief and left. He came back with the unsealed ballot that he sealed outside and dropped in the ballot box.

As he was leaving, he said, "Go fuck yourself gringo."


Could be that LaFaro is lying.
Is calling someone "gringo" racist?


So yeah let's tell the rational side of things.


So yes, what he was seen to be doing on the video was legal in AZ.
Yes the reaction of many is over the top.

But. Should this be legal. Allowing organization to collect absentee ballots en masse and turn them in?

Maricopa County elections spokesman Daniel Ruiz said there is no law covering how a ballot gets to the poll. What counts is whether the ballot is signed and the signature can be verified.

Democrat Terry Goddard agreed that banning mass collections should be considered, within limits. "I agree that what Sen. Reagan occasionally calls harvesting is wrong and whatever that means should be abolished," Goddard said, while warning that not all collections should be banned. "Let's look carefully before we jump, because the thing at stake is your right and my right to vote, and it seems to me that under every circumstance we ought to protect that right.

No this has nothing to do with voter ID laws.
No it has nothing to do with racism.

But really, should this be allowed?
Should we not be concerned that voter fraud might be happening, how long did this group have these ballots? How many more were signed and unsealed?

No not illegal, but can we admit it is suspect?

Please there are much worse implications of voter fraud.



I was going to say yes it is suspect, but then I thought.

What about the disabled or old people, they may not be able to get to a polling station, are people saying "so, their fault"?, I hope not.

So then I thought, they can use postal ballot. But what if they cannot really get out at all that easily, are people really saying "serves em right for not being able to walk", I hope not?

So what is the difference between collecting a load of ballots and dropping in the post box and dropping them off at a polling station?

Or are people really saying that if you cannot get out and about you shoudl not be able to vote?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Lets also take a look at Ben Marin, the helpful citizen just trying to get people to vote. A helpful guy, the kind of guy you want to work with and be associated with.

Let see, he is a community organizer... I wont hold that against him.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/benjamin-marin/5b/9ba/776

hmmm, I guess I was wrong...

oh wait what this ?
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/032013/m5...

Order of Discharge from Probation effective April 2, 2013 ? whaaaaatttt ? Oh I'm sure it was something silly like underage drinking or something..... let's see

underage drinking, no biggie.

providing alcohol to minors..... hmmm, I guess that's no big deal ?

Shoplifting.... Well, 'Im sure he was just stealing bread to feed his family.

So yeah, you guys are right, upstanding citizen of the community just helping out the poor people. A modern day saint !

How is it , the Wonkette cant find this info, could it be their not an objective website ? shocking !!!!



Ah yes, the next stage of avoiding the circumstances of the alleged crime, finding out if you can judge a person as "bad" based on their past. Too bad you couldn't find any record of marijuana in his system or a facebook page with him associating with hip-hop culture

There is a reason that in many jury trials the defendants criminal record is inadmissible. Because it has no bearing on the facts of the case.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Ah yes, the next stage of avoiding the circumstances of the alleged crime, finding out if you can judge a person as "bad" based on their past. Too bad you couldn't find any record of marijuana in his system or a facebook page with him associating with hip-hop culture

There is a reason that in many jury trials the defendants criminal record is inadmissible. Because it has no bearing on the facts of the case.


Like I said, you have trouble with this type of thinking. you may want to avoid playing the game Clue or Mystery of the Abbey, you just cant seem to make connections.

Please, share with me just what you think happened here by looking at all the evidence so far. And I will admit, I could easily be wrong. Odd's are that I am not and the kid refuses to talk to the media. I know if any of us were accused wrongly, we would be quick to refute this.

1. just a random helpful young man volunteers to help people and gets caught up in some old man trap to make him look like a fraudulent vote pusher.

or

2. Guy with a few minor issues in his past has a hard time finding gainful employment coming off of probation gets a job working for a Democrat... err I mean "nonpartisan community group" and gets paid to stuff ballots.

please, share with me what you think really happened here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Ah yes, the next stage of avoiding the circumstances of the alleged crime, finding out if you can judge a person as "bad" based on their past. Too bad you couldn't find any record of marijuana in his system or a facebook page with him associating with hip-hop culture

There is a reason that in many jury trials the defendants criminal record is inadmissible. Because it has no bearing on the facts of the case.


Like I said, you have trouble with this type of thinking. you may want to avoid playing the game Clue or Mystery of the Abbey, you just cant seem to make connections.

Please, share with me just what you think happened here by looking at all the evidence so far. And I will admit, I could easily be wrong. Odd's are that I am not and the kid refuses to talk to the media. I know if any of us were accused wrongly, we would be quick to refute this.

1. just a random helpful young man volunteers to help people and gets caught up in some old man trap to make him look like a fraudulent vote pusher.

or

2. Guy with a few minor issues in his past has a hard time finding gainful employment coming off of probation gets a job working for a Democrat... err I mean "nonpartisan community group" and gets paid to stuff ballots.

please, share with me what you think really happened here.
Or young man being paid to provide a usefull service to thiose who cannot get to polling stations being victimised to try and score cheap political poitns?

Or Young man unable to find work due to prejudice decided to try and get some community experiance to give himself a better looking CV.

Or...any number of other scenarios that have no proof beyond assumption.

The evidacen is that a man of Latino (with a mildly criminal past) extraction goes into a polling station and drops of a box of ballots (not illegal). One of these is not sealed so he takes it away (no one has established this is illegal) then reenters with a sealed ballot (no one has established it is the same one as he left with).

That is the limit of the evidence.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Please, share with me just what you think happened here by looking at all the evidence so far. And I will admit, I could easily be wrong. Odd's are that I am not and the kid refuses to talk to the media. I know if any of us were accused wrongly, we would be quick to refute this.

1. just a random helpful young man volunteers to help people and gets caught up in some old man trap to make him look like a fraudulent vote pusher.

or

2. Guy with a few minor issues in his past has a hard time finding gainful employment coming off of probation gets a job working for a Democrat... err I mean "nonpartisan community group" and gets paid to stuff ballots.

please, share with me what you think really happened here.


2. Guy with a few minor issues in his past has a hard time finding gainful employment coming off of probation gets a job working for a Democrat... err I mean "nonpartisan community group" and gets paid to stuff ballots collect ballots.

That is all the evidence allows us to conclude. Everything else is bias, monster-under-the-bed-hunting, baseless and unfounded demonizing.

P.S. Have you every really played Clue? It has about as much deduction as Candyland.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Please, share with me just what you think happened here by looking at all the evidence so far. And I will admit, I could easily be wrong. Odd's are that I am not and the kid refuses to talk to the media. I know if any of us were accused wrongly, we would be quick to refute this.

1. just a random helpful young man volunteers to help people and gets caught up in some old man trap to make him look like a fraudulent vote pusher.

or

2. Guy with a few minor issues in his past has a hard time finding gainful employment coming off of probation gets a job working for a Democrat... err I mean "nonpartisan community group" and gets paid to stuff ballots.

please, share with me what you think really happened here.


2. Guy with a few minor issues in his past has a hard time finding gainful employment coming off of probation gets a job working for a Democrat... err I mean "nonpartisan community group" and gets paid to stuff ballots collect ballots.

That is all the evidence allows us to conclude. Everything else is bias, monster-under-the-bed-hunting, baseless and unfounded demonizing.

P.S. Have you every really played Clue? It has about as much deduction as Candyland.
You left out "and has no information about any of the suspects past".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.